[robotics-worldwide] [news] [first call for the European Robotics League Emergency Robots - land+sea, CMRE, La Spezia 18-24 July 2020]

Ferri Gabriele | CMRE Gabriele.Ferri at cmre.nato.int
Fri Dec 20 08:55:30 PST 2019

Dear all,

we are pleased to announce La Spezia (Italy) Local Tournament of  the European Robotics League Emergency Robots (ERL-ER), that will be held from 18 to 24 July 2020 at the NATO STO Centre for Maritime Research and Experimentation (CMRE), La Spezia, Italy.

The competition is part of the ERL Season 2020-2021 and it will include land and marine robots working in an outdoor realistic environment.

We will challenge the autonomy and cooperation of robotic systems in a disaster response scenario.

Higher level of autonomy will be rewarded in the scoring.

A water basin will host the marine part of the competition, while the docks, a rough outdoor area with trees and bushes and a large building will be the places where land robots will be called to operate.

Some of the tasks/functionalities that will be tested are:

- underwater pipes and structure inspection;

- object recognition;

- underwater mannequin detection;

- localization of a mannequin and rubble removal in the land area;

- stopping the fire;

- adaptive mission planning;

and other.
For details please see the website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sites.google.com_site_erlemergency2020laspezia_&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=2IcgBZuvGR4CaMasOEaQHQhyyOxG7aqGiQXOMiFlnKo&s=IKXT55ELABLYeOABrOG0vfpgAfXwj5jOXSsGlcoCeWQ&e=
that includes the call for participation.

The first deadline for the participation is set to March 15th 2020.

First version of rules and detailed scenario description will appear soon on the website.

Rules and Objects of Potential Interest (OPIs) of 2019 event to be used as a reference can be seen here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sites.google.com_site_erlemergency2019laspezia_resources&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=2IcgBZuvGR4CaMasOEaQHQhyyOxG7aqGiQXOMiFlnKo&s=8OaWv-w0bBVNEE7IdrV_Xx_9PRRfIz9A4ckhvYM5ffs&e=

You can apply also if you are a one domain team. We will help matching you with another team to form the multi-domain squad.

Please download the form for team matching from the resource page.

Once again, I would like to thank you for being  part of our competitions community making them a great success.

I look forward to welcoming you in La Spezia in July.

Here you can find the final ERL Emergency 2017 video:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3Docc7feogzUc&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=2IcgBZuvGR4CaMasOEaQHQhyyOxG7aqGiQXOMiFlnKo&s=WJwzIATYaSeAIJLwupMmEcts_Evbof2moy_MtUOalWM&e=

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any questions and let us know about possible interest, I hope to see you all in La Spezia,

Gabriele

Gabriele Ferri, PhD in Robotics

Research Scientist

Tel: +390187527454

E-mail: gabriele.ferri at cmre.nato.int<mailto:gabriele.ferri at cmre.nato.int>

NATO Science and Technology Organization Centre for Maritime Research and Experimentation Viale San Bartolomeo 400

19126 La Spezia

Italy