[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotic Mechanical Design Engineer in Austin, TX

William Helmsing williamhelmsing at apptronik.com
Tue Dec 31 10:20:01 PST 2019

Austin, Texas based Apptronik (apptronik.com) develops world-class robotics technology including agile humanoids and high-performance exoskeletons. A spin-out from the UT Austin Human Centered Robotics Lab, Apptronik dedicates itself to creating robots of tomorrow, to work alongside humans and improve our quality of life.

Our culture emphasizes collaboration, creativity, and curiosity to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative technologies. We are growing quickly with a vision to build and deliver products to the world with a continuous emphasis on research and development to push the technological edge.

We're looking for highly motivated and talented engineers with hands-on experience and a passion for robotics to join our team. Specifically, we seek an experienced mechanical engineer with proven capabilities for system design and integration.

Required Skills:
*         Minimum 3 years of experience in development of robotic systems or similar (not counting education and internships)
*         High proficiency in CAD (Solidworks, Creo, or similar)
*         Experience solving complex and multifaceted design problems
*         Design of lightweight yet rugged and reliable mechanical systems
*         Demonstrated ability for design and manufacture of electro-mechanical assemblies
*         Strong understanding of kinematics, structural design, and actuation
*         Excellent teamwork and collaboration
*         Strong written and verbal communication

Responsibilities
*         Collaborate with a small multi-functional team of engineers
*         Conduct detailed engineering analysis to drive design decisions
*         Iterative design, prototyping and fabrication
*         Conduct engineering optimization research to include FEA and other software tools
*         Create models, drawings and specifications for parts and assemblies

Qualities
*         Exceptional attention to detail and engineering discipline
*         Creative, analytical, and disciplined
*         Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple deadlines
*         Great team player able to communicate effectively and perform within a dynamic start-up environment

Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.

Application Instructions
When applying, please submit your resume and a detailed design portfolio to jobs at apptronik.com. If a portfolio cannot be provided please explain in your email submission. Submissions without a design portfolio or explanation will not be reviewed.