[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] - Sevensense Opportunity - Embedded Software

Renaud Dubé renaud.dube at sevensense.ch
Fri Feb 1 04:18:19 PST 2019

Position: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

*About us*

Sevensense is committed to helping industries achieve new levels of
efficiency by pushing the frontiers of mobile robotics. Our team in Zurich
develops and delivers both software and hardware, providing a complete
solution to the robot navigation problem. We strongly believe that the
robustness and precision of our algorithms are key for enabling autonomous
navigation in complex environments shared with humans.

*About the Job*

Having closed significant funding, we are looking for a passionate
individual to join us and speed up the development of the Sevensense core
technology. As a key member of a small and versatile team, you will help us
deploying cutting-edge algorithms on computationally limited mobile
platforms which will soon be introduced into the market. Specifically, you
will be responsible for porting our core C++ codebase from Intel to ARM
processors. You will also ensure real-time operation by performing high and
low-level code optimization. The ideal candidate should demonstrate
initiative and have a strong desire for solving exciting and challenging
engineering problems.

*Responsibilities*

 - Port our localization and mapping codebase from Intel to ARM processors.
 - Perform code optimization for deployment on computationally limited
platforms.
 - Produce high-quality C++ code and participate in the continuous
development of a large code-base.
 - Collaborate with a cross-functional engineering team for integrating
your solutions into products.
 - Help shape both the Sevensense core technology and business culture.

*Qualifications*

 - Relevant engineering experience with developing, optimizing and
debugging C++ code.
 - Experience with porting C++ code from Intel to ARM processors and with
optimizing code for ARM platforms.
 - Knowledge of assembly instructions (eg. NEON) is a plus.
 - Experience with computer vision algorithms, robot navigation and ROS is
a plus.
 - Team player excited about working in a dynamic startup environment.

*Our offer*

 - A unique opportunity to join at an early stage and actively take part in
the development of our business and team culture.
 - Collaborating with some of the best robotics  and SW engineers for
building an exciting technology company.
 - Competitive compensation plan.
 - A friendly and motivated team to share both hard work and fun with.

If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV and
references to career at sevensense.ch.

--

*Renaud Dubé*
Sevensense / Wyss Zurich