[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] CfP 28th IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication (RO-MAN 2019)

Barakova, E.I. e.i.barakova at tue.nl
Sat Feb 2 01:18:40 PST 2019

[We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message]

IEEE RO-MAN 2019
28th IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication

Le Meridien, Windsor Place, New Delhi, India
October 14-18, 2019
www.ro-man2019.org

The 28th IEEE International Conference on Robot and Human Interactive Communication - RO-MAN 2019, will be held in New Delhi, India, from October 14-18, 2019, the first social robotics and human-robot interactive systems conference to be held in India.

This conference is a leading forum where state-of-the-art innovative results, the latest developments as well as future perspectives relating to the robot and human interactive communication are presented and discussed.

>From science fiction to the university laboratories, and now to the real world, robotics and artificial intelligence are not just buzzwords anymore but are emerging technologies - the expected market potential is in the tens of billions of dollars in the next ten years. These developments require us to rethink our relations and coexistence with the robots as intelligent entities. We have seen intelligent robots in various environments populated by humans: in factories, on farms, in hospitals, on the street, and into our homes. RO-MAN 2019 will cover a wide range of topics related to Robot and Human Interactive Communication, involving theories, methodologies, and technologies, empirical and experimental studies. The conference will explore the challenges, benefits, and risks associated with the design of and the interaction with robots with different level of intelligence and autonomy.
The theme for RO-MAN 2019 is: Responsible Robotics and AI for the Real World. Robotics and AI continue to have a profound impact on business and civil society bringing significant benefits, but at the same time creating new risks and challenges. This year's conference particularly welcomes novel work on robotics applications that are safe, secure, sustainable, law-abiding and ethical.

The main conference will host presentations of original contributions including new methods, studies, designs, theories, and applications of Human-Robot Interactive Communication Systems and technologies surrounding it. Multi-disciplinary approaches and practical solutions are highly encouraged. The workshops, tutorials, and industrial sessions will provide an opportunity for participants from academia and industry to focus on prospective topics. Expert Keynote speakers from academia, industry, end users and policy-making bodies will give plenary talks about emerging technologies, methods, R&D and Technological barriers to market in the domain. Special sessions and symposia will target specific topics and audiences.

The conference proceedings will be published by IEEE and indexed in the IEEE Xplore library, SCOPUS and ISI Web of Science.

Regular Papers: Prospective authors are invited to submit high-quality papers reporting original results under the broad theme of socially intelligent robots.

Tutorials and Workshops: provide half-day or full-day training or discussions in applied research and applications. Proposals for tutorials and workshops should include objectives, intended audience, list of prospective speakers, and topic list.

Special Sessions: Prospective special session organizers are invited to submit a proposal to the special session chair. Papers submitted to special sessions will undergo the same review process as the regular papers and will be included in the conference proceedings.

Video/ Demos/ Exhibit sessions: The conference offers an excellent opportunity for the industry to showcase their products and services.  Startups and labs are also invited to present their prototypes and concepts.

Industrial Sessions: Participants are invited to share their proofs-of-concept, advanced prototypes, and industrial applications to the scientific and industrial audience.

Important Dates:
            Proposals for Special Sessions: March 1, 2019
            Notification for Special session proposals: March 15, 2019
            Regular and Special Session Paper Submission: April 15, 2019
            Proposals for Workshops & Tutorials: March 31, 2019
            Workshop and Tutorial acceptance notification: April 30, 2019
            Paper Acceptance notification: June 28, 2019
            Final Paper Submission: July 15, 2019

Honorary General Chair
Kazuhiko Kawamura, Vanderbilt University, USA
General Chairs
Amit Kumar Pandey, Softbank Robotics Europe, France
Santanu Chaudhury, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India

Program Chairs
John-John Cabibihan, Qatar University
Mary-Anne Williams, UTS and Stanford University
T. Asokan, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
Laxmidhar Behera, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India

Local Organizing Committee Chairs
Swagat Kumar, TATA Consultancy Services (TCS), India
Subir K Saha, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
K Madhava Krishna, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, India
Publication Chairs
Silvia Rossi, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
P.B. Sujit, IIIT Delhi, India

Finance Chair
Prakash Ambwani, TATA Consultancy Services (TCS), India

Workshop/Tutorial Chairs
Ho Seok Ahn, University of Auckland, New Zealand
Prithwijit Guha, IIT, Guwahati, India
Special Session Chairs
Antonio Sgorbissa, University of Genova, Italy
Amol Deshmukh, University of Glasgow, UK
Publicity Chairs
Emilia Barakova, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
Maya Cakmak, University of Washington, USA
Tetsunari Inamura, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
Suril Shah, IIT Jodhpur, India
Sponsorship Chairs
Rajesh Sinha, TATA Consultancy Services (TCS), India
Ryad Chellali, Nanjing Forestry University, China
Late Breaking Report Chairs
Huan Tan, GE Global Research, USA
Prem Kumar P, GE Research, India
Awards Chairs
Ayanna Howard, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
Debasish Ghose, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Eu-India Collaboration Committee Chairs
Miguel A Salichs, Carlos III University of Madrid, Spain
Ashish Dutta, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India

Emilia I. Barakova, Ph.D., Faculty of Industrial Design, Eindhoven
University of Technology Laplace 32, 5612 AZ Eindhoven The Netherlands,
Head ID Social Robotics Lab,
Editor Personal and Ubiquitous Computing,
Associate Editor International Journal of Social Robotics,
Publicity Chair RO-MAN 2019  ===========ATTEND RO-MAN 2019==============