[robotics-worldwide] [news] Computer Animation and Social Agents - Call for Workshops and Tutorials
ludovic.hoyet at inria.fr
Wed Feb 6 01:12:56 PST 2019
Call for Workshops and Tutorials
CASA 2019 is the 32nd annual scientific gathering on a wide variety of technologies in the context of computer animation and social agents. It is organised this year in Paris on July 1st-3rd, 2019, by Sorbonne (France), in cooperation with ACM-SIGGRAPH, under guidance of the Computer Graphics Society (CGS). Workshops and tutorials will be held on July 3rd.
Over the last years the techniques of neural networks and deep learning have found many applications in the creation of virtual characters and social robots. In parallel, the wide development of VR applications has also revived the need for personalised avatars (realistic or not) for users to embody into. The workshop in CASA 2019 would therefore like to focus particularly on these challenges, with the goal to increase the user experience. In this perspective, CASA 2019 seeks proposals on topics of interest of the workshops and tutorials include, but are not limited to:
Neural Networks and Deep Learning for virtual characters and social robots
Automatic Avatar Creation
Proposals for workshops and tutorials should be no more than four pages on A4 sized paper in length, and should be in text or PDF format. It should contain the following information:
1. A title and brief (two-page max) description of the topic and content.
2. The desired length (half day or full day).
3. The names, postal addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the organizers with one-paragraph statements of their research interests and areas of expertise.
4. A list of potential members of the program committee with an indication of which members have already agreed.
5. A description of any shared tasks associated with the workshop or tutorial.
6. A description of special requirements for technical needs.
Please submit workshop and tutorial proposals to the workshop chairs (kruhland at tcd.ie and ludovic.hoyet at inria.fr) by April 29th, 2019.
April 29th, 2019: Workshop proposal due
May 15th, 2019: Notification of acceptance
July 3rd, 2019: Workshops and tutorials
Kerstin Ruhland (Trinity College Dublin, Ireland)
Ludovic Hoyet (Inria, France)
More information about the robotics-worldwide