[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Open Academic Director Position at the Chair of Robotics Science and Systems Intelligence (RSI), Technical University of Munich
saeed.abdolshah at tum.de
Sun Feb 3 14:53:26 PST 2019
The Chair of Robotics Science and Systems Intelligence (RSI) at the Technical
University of Munich (TUM) welcomes applications for a position as senior
scientist with the option for a tenured employment (Akademischer Direktor).
*Technische Universität München (TUM) is one of Europe’s top universities.
It is committed to excellence in research and teaching, interdisciplinary
education, and the active promotion of promising young scientists. The
university also forges strong links with companies and scientific
institutions across the world. The Chair of Robotics Science and Systems
Intelligence (RSI) is a member of the newly founded TUM Munich School of
Robotics and Machine Intelligence. The research focus of RSI is the
development of control algorithms, mechatronics, intelligent robotics and
prosthetics, robot learning algorithms, foundations of machine intelligence,
as well as nonlinear control and systems theory. Furthermore, we offer
unified teaching in terms of lectures, laboratories and student projects
with a tight connection to cutting-edge research.
*• Managing research labs
• Managing research proposals (scouting potential opportunities, helping to
form consortia, and assisting in proposal writing)
• Publication of project results in leading journals and conferences in the
• Active involvement in the open call management
• Supervising undergraduate and graduate students
• Teaching lectures and lab courses in the field of robotics
*• Ph.D. in robotics, autonomous systems, nonlinear control, artificial
intelligence, computer science, mathematics, engineering or a related field
• Broad experience in a leadership position in the field of robotics,
engineering, computer science etc.
• Expertise in multiple domains from robotics, software engineering,
control, machine learning and mechatronics
• Experience in developing robotics software, e.g., kinematics/dynamics,
control of actuators/sensors, world models, distributed systems
• Proficiency in C, C++, Maple, MATLAB
• Proficiency in ROS, Linux
• Experience in self-reliant managing of research projects (financial and
• Fluency in spoken and written English and German is a requirement
• Willingness to travel
• High motivation and willingness to work in an international and
*What we offer
*• A responsible position with interesting and challenging tasks in an
interdisciplinary scientific and management team
• Worldwide networking opportunities with leading robotics experts
• The opportunity to actively design the scientific scope of the European
robotics and AI ecosystem and research directions
• The opportunity to grow the role and responsibility through the
development of new project opportunities
• Remuneration in line with the current German public service salary scale
(Beamtenbesoldung) A13 up to max. A15
Please send your CV to Dr. Jan Harder (applications at rsi.ei.tum.de).
Applications received by March 15th, 2019 will receive full consideration.
TUM has been pursuing the strategic goal of substantially increasing the
diversity of its staff. As an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer, TUM explicitly encourages nominations of and applications from
women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity
dimensions to the university’s research and teaching strategies. Preference
will be given to disabled candidates with equal qualifications.
International candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Technical University of Munich
Chair of Robotics Science and Systems Intelligence
applications at rsi.ei.tum.de
Sent from: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__robotics-2Dworldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=OreSrm8I57pgZNblQVUPtRYlj2x3XuMsUWCYRrNom7w&s=rzmJ4W5zQdCgZdmRJKUKUNSDeeUKERvC-v-v3tz-iOI&e=
More information about the robotics-worldwide