[robotics-worldwide] [meetings][class] Create a Gazebo world for Cozmo

Maricho CM maricho.casco at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:46:38 PST 2019

Date & Time: February 12th, 2019 | 6pm to 7pm · CET
Fee: Free
Languages: English
Registration website: *https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2HX4YNk&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=x8t_zEoKJx9fi1gHRcMRnGAnKSMnFasfmKGmDpeED28&s=capGCIcuefOMjZ5hKvAAfiYI3dglUNGN0S_-wrpkaX8&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_2HX4YNk&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=x8t_zEoKJx9fi1gHRcMRnGAnKSMnFasfmKGmDpeED28&s=capGCIcuefOMjZ5hKvAAfiYI3dglUNGN0S_-wrpkaX8&e=>*

About:
Let's learn how to create a Gazebo world for Cozmo robot using SDF format.
We will create an office desktop where Cozmo can move around and play with
its cubes.

By the end of this Live Class you will understand:     · What is the
difference between the robot model and the simulation world model.     ·
How to use SDF to create a Gazebo simulation.     · How to include a robot
in a Gazebo simulation.

Robots used in this class:

For this class we are going to use the Cozmo robot: by Anki. You can find
more information about Cozmo robot here.
Instructor:

RICARDO TÉLLEZ, Ph.D.

Ricardo has 7 years experience building software for ROS based robots
including human size humanoids. He is the author of 4 books about learning
ROS. I have teaches Robotics at the University of LaSalle for the
undergraduate program and for the Master. Additionally, I have delivered
every Tuesday to free ROS Live Class on his Youtube channel, where
attendants can learn and practice to ROS subject. He is also the conductor
of the ROS Developers Podcast where he interviews every week at ROS expert
about how to better program robots with ROS.

-
* The whole code will be provided for free to all the attendants to the
class as to ROSject, containing simulation, notebook with instructions and
code.

* This is a LIVE Class on how to develop with ROS. In Live Classes, you
will practice with the instructor at the same time, with the provided free
ROS material.