[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] - Sevensense Opportunity - Robotic Perception

Renaud Dubé renaud.dube at sevensense.ch
Fri Feb 8 06:53:03 PST 2019

Position: Robotic Perception Engineer
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

*About us*

Sevensense is committed to helping industries achieve new levels of
efficiency by pushing the frontiers of mobile robotics. Our team in Zurich
develops and delivers both software and hardware, providing a complete
solution to the robot navigation problem. We strongly believe that the
robustness and precision of our algorithms are key for enabling autonomous
navigation in complex environments shared with humans.

*About the Job*

Having closed significant funding, we are looking for a passionate
individual to join us and speed up the development of the Sevensense core
technology. As a key member of a small and versatile team, you will develop
robotic perception solutions that enable navigation in challenging
environments. Amongst others, you will be responsible of designing and
optimizing the configuration of our multi-modal sensor setups (including
time-of-flight cameras, ultrasonic sensors and stereo cameras).
Additionally, you will develop data processing algorithms for generating
accurate 3D map representations which will be used to deploy robots and
avoid obstacles. The ideal candidate should demonstrate initiative and have
a strong desire for solving exciting and challenging robotic problems.

*Responsibilities*

 - Develop cutting-edge algorithms for real-time robot perception.
 - Design and optimize multi-modal sensor setups for ensuring robust
detection of obstacles in unstructured environments.
 - Collaborate with a cross-functional engineering team for deploying our
solutions on multiple autonomous platforms.
 - Produce high-quality C++ code and participate in the continuous
development of a large code-base.
 - Help shape both the Sevensense core technology and company culture.

*Qualifications*

 - Strong motivation for solving challenging technical problems.
 - PhD or Master degree in robotics, electrical engineering, computer
vision, computer science or equivalent experience.
 - Relevant engineering experience in C++ (python is a plus).
 - Experience with at least one robot perception topic such as dense
mapping, sensor fusion, signal processing, 3D stereo reconstruction, object
detection and tracking.
 - Hands-on experience with time-of-flight cameras and ultrasonic sensors
is a plus.
 - Experience with path planning and obstacle avoidance algorithms is a
plus.
 - Team player excited about working in a dynamic startup environment.

*Our offer*

 - A unique opportunity to join at an early stage and actively take part in
the development of our company and team culture.
 - Collaborating with some of the best robotics engineers for building an
exciting technology company.
 - Competitive compensation plan.
 - Opportunity to co-supervise talented students for projects related to
robot perception.
 - A friendly and motivated team to share both hard work and fun with.

If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV and
references to career at sevensense.ch.

--

*Renaud Dubé*
Robotics Engineer & Co-Founder