[robotics-worldwide] [jobs]Opening positions for postdoctoral research scholars and research assistants in SUSTech, Shenzhen, China

王宏强(WANG Hongqiang) wanghq6 at sustc.edu.cn
Mon Feb 11 19:54:30 PST 2019

1.   About the lab

 This laboratory is focused on novel actuation techniques, by compressively studying basic fundamental physical principles and making use of the principles. Based on our special actuators, we can reshape robots from the bottom, including the structure, manufacturing process, and functions, contributing to multiple application scenarios such as medical operations, biological studies, and search and rescue. We are active in multiple important fields of robotics including microrobot, bioinspired robots, medical robots, and soft robots.

Now we have 2 position available for postdoctoral researcher and 1 position for research assistant.

Prof. Hongqiang WANG (PI, https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hongqiang-2Dwang.com&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=dwhTf5VArxmXNiNouZ75VBo9l1guUJaGDKjAD9W-vNM&s=TMDhj1dVtppPrJWBkPiisH3k3STMGiNC2g5gdvyxKkQ&e=), received his PhD degree in Precision Engineering Department of the University of Tokyo, focusing on the design and analyses on electrostatic film actuators and electro-adhesion and their application to climbing robots. Then, he was a Postdoctoral Researcher in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences and Wyss Institute, Harvard University, working on novel actuators and their applications to soft robots and micro robots.

2.   About the University

 (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.sustc.edu.cn_en_about&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=dwhTf5VArxmXNiNouZ75VBo9l1guUJaGDKjAD9W-vNM&s=8oDC1-SvJbwwKAygWZZyjSh2F98yVgTXn1pc6jSxFLY&e=)

 Welcome to SUSTech, a university with the vision to excel in interdisciplinary research, to nurture innovative talents and to deliver new knowledge to the world.

At SUSTech, we don’t simply dream. We nurture dreamers with critical thinking, open-mindedness and innovative spirit.

Since our inception, we have committed ourselves not merely to the advancement of science and technology, but also to impart knowledge and to build a top-tier institution of higher education. Today, our faculty and students study, teach, and learn across 22 academic programs. SUSTech is going to enroll 10,000 more students throughout six academic colleges in the future. We take pride in offering an outstanding faculty trained globally to support academic research that has impact and value to our nation and the world.

Our verdant campus situated in the Nanshan district, enjoys the merits of the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China and the coastal richness of Hong Kong. The strong regional and global connections enable us to enhance academic exchange, and grant our graduates more opportunities to realize their dreams as researchers, innovators and entrepreneurs.

3.   About the city

(https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.chinaexpeditiontours.com_china-2Dguide_shenzhen-2Din-2Dbrief.html&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=dwhTf5VArxmXNiNouZ75VBo9l1guUJaGDKjAD9W-vNM&s=UAROr8QSJIEXtEZg3mV5wYLoMVSMrYP6ieJW2WIBs4U&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__en.wikipedia.org_wiki_Shenzhen&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=dwhTf5VArxmXNiNouZ75VBo9l1guUJaGDKjAD9W-vNM&s=6GZHSKb-kfaFA2X4pbshBEMIAEGGMCLvW0Z1aGTu2bc&e= )

Shenzhen, adjacent with Hong Kong, is located in the east coast of the delta of Pearl River. Only 2000 square km as it is, there are many wonderful resorts waiting for you. If you are going to enjoy the natural sceneries, Zhongshan Park and Miniature Scenic Zone of Splendid China are good choices; if to kill the heat in summer, the shinning Siumuisha (Xiaomeisha) Resort,Water World, Xili Lake Resort, Lotus Hill Park, Safari Park and the Ocean World are must-go; if to admire the cultures, Window of the World, China Folk Culture Villages and Hakka Folk Custom Museum can be your destinations; if to experience the modern theme park, Honey Lake Country Club and Happy Valley are waiting for you.

Shenzhen is home to 14 millions people, 12 million of them are visiting residents and 70% of the permanent inhabitants speak the Hakka Language. Shenzhen is the second largest city, second to Beijing, where all the Chinese 56 Minorities dwell in together. Therefore, Shenzhen is colorful in the folk and local customs and cultures; however, she will be lonely and cheerless when Spring Festival comes for the visiting residents will back home then.

Shenzhen is thought highly as the Civilize City, Clean City and Knowledge City of China, and the Garden City of the World. Shenzhen has also established relationships with 12 international cities, such as Huston, Brisbane, Tsukuha and Turin, in commerce, environments, culture and education filed etc

4.   Postdoctoral positions:

 ·        Qualifications:

1.   The postdoctoral candidate should hold a PhD degree in related majors, such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, biomedical and biological engineering, material engineering, physics or chemistry.

2.   The candidate should have a strong publication record in international peer-reviewed journals.

3.   The candidate should have a solid mathematical foundation and a passion for scientific research, be capable of independent thinking with innovative spirit.

 ·        Salary:

1.   The candidate will be offered an attractive salary (no less than 340K yuan per year, before tax) and benefits package that will be dependent on experience (president excellent postdoctoral fellow, more than 360K yuan per year).

2.   The candidate has a chance to exchange research at prestigious universities and institutions overseas as a visiting scholar.

3.   PhD with overseas education and work experiences can apply for a housing subsidy about 1.6 million yuan (Peacock talent program, official Chinese website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gaoxinbutie.com_haiwairencai_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=dwhTf5VArxmXNiNouZ75VBo9l1guUJaGDKjAD9W-vNM&s=phHW25vEjALP5aavU6Zp2I5ULWZCsJdNiGo6FyXBC98&e=, and English version:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cuhk.edu.cn_UploadFiles_talentsprogramoutline.pdf&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=dwhTf5VArxmXNiNouZ75VBo9l1guUJaGDKjAD9W-vNM&s=xjprIxfYM-VUfWybwuESU32i9RZL1CiC3_1W96coe84&e= ) from Gov. of Shenzhen.

5.   Research assistant positions:

 ·        Qualifications:

1.   The candidate should hold a bachelor or master degree in related majors, such as, mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, medical and biological engineering, material engineering, physics or chemistry.

2.   The candidate should have a passion for scientific research, be capable of independent thinking with innovative spirit.

3.   The candidate with publication records in international peer-reviewed journals is preferred.

4.   Graduates from prestigious universities and institutes are preferred.

 ·        Salary:

 1.   The position will be offered an attractive salary (about 70K-15K yuan per year) and benefits package that will be dependent on experience.

2.   The candidate has a chance for further study, such as joint doctoral student with overseas universities.

6.   To Apply:

Please send your CV (should include research experience and interests, as well as a list of three referrals) and statement to Dr. Wang at wanghq6 at sustc.edu.cn.

Hongqiang WANG

Department of Mechanical and Energy Engineering

Southern University of Science and Technology

Address: Innovation Park, 7-603,

No 1088, xueyuan  Blvd ., Xili, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China  518055

Tel: +86-(0)755 -8801 5367

Email: wanghq6 at sustc.edu.cn