[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] 2 PhD and 1 software engineer openings in neuro-rehabilitation technologies and robotics at University of Twente

massimo sartori massimo.srt at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 09:02:56 PST 2019

Are you interested in developing the neuro-rehabilitation technology of the
future? Are you interested in joining an international team working at the
frontiers of neurophysiology, biomechanics and robotics? The
Neuro-Mechanical Modeling & Engineering Lab is seeking for creative and
motivated candidates for PhD and software engineer openings as part of ERC
and EU EFRO Projects.

*Opening 1 - PhD position in model-based gait rehabilitation of stroke
patients (EU EFRO Project GUTs): *https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_EFRO-5FPHD&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=u4t6jzGgB28SfoUPyH2WvggHpYv24wzzMm6iPkmy2ck&s=lInGNhnMjN0dI81X8lySUMIlvQ9SOH3chzUXX3uuWoA&e=

*Opening 2 - PhD position in spinal control of muscles in neurological
individuals (ERC Starting Grant INTERACT): *https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_ERC-5FPhD1&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=u4t6jzGgB28SfoUPyH2WvggHpYv24wzzMm6iPkmy2ck&s=NV1p_2hxp6wFa9FzoCxIAcvQD8M-Xr2ghdknLWIcHtg&e=

*Opening 3 - Software Engineer in real-time programming and control of
neuro-robotic technologies (ERC Starting Grant INTERACT): *
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_ERC-5FSW-5FENG&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=u4t6jzGgB28SfoUPyH2WvggHpYv24wzzMm6iPkmy2ck&s=SK8GJyvslkbKBc6dcdQW1eeMFfzsNtCjimwN0UldnBA&e=

*The Neuromechanical Modelling & Engineering Lab. *We investigate the basic
neuro-musculo-skeletal mechanisms underlying healthy and impaired human
movement. We apply neuro-mechanical modelling and electrophysiological
signal processing, in a translational way, to develop real-time bioinspired
technologies for restoring natural motor function. Our goal is to establish
a unique roadmap for discovering fundamental principles of movement at the
interface between humans and wearable robots ultimately for enhancing human
health. Our research approach is detailed here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__bit.ly_NMLab&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=u4t6jzGgB28SfoUPyH2WvggHpYv24wzzMm6iPkmy2ck&s=1nnGWnCmnc-KQLsqKitv_LG-kGxsvLWp2xSx2a8y-xY&e=

*The University of Twente*. We stand for life sciences and technology. High
tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology
which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of
Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five
faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a
strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given
scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
---
Massimo Sartori, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Head of Neuromechanical Modeling & Engineering Lab

University of Twente
Institute of Biomedical Technology and Technical Medicine
Faculty of Engineering Technology
Department of Biomechanical Engineering
Building Horsting Room W106 ­ P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands