[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Faculty Position Robotics at TU Delft

Javier Alonso-Mora J.AlonsoMora at tudelft.nl
Wed Feb 13 00:54:45 PST 2019

Dear colleagues,

TU Delft (Netherlands) has an opening for an assistant/associate professor
position in the area of "Robot motion control and/or autonomous navigation"
[Last call]. The review of applications will start shortly (Feb. 18th 2019)
and continue until the position is filled.

The opening within the Learning and Autonomous Control group is in the area
of Robot motion control and/or autonomous navigation. Topics of interest
include, but are not limited to machine learning for control, dexterous
(mobile) manipulation and grasping, robot perception and motion planning.
Excellent applicants from other areas of robotics will also be considered.

Full description of the position:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.tudelft.nl_en_3me_departments_cognitive-2Drobotics-2Dcor_overig_job-2Dopenings_&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=g1Da0QqcdwOQez4NbyiXhwC1PEkls5snMl2mmH-ULQo&s=M9BExZPh8A0h_mc7EYQf-vCUEY-BEYD-89o_evoQOgA&e=

Our mission at the department Cognitive Robotics is to bring robotic
solutions to human-inhabited environments. At the Learning and Autonomous
Control group we are looking for excellent candidates with a proven track
record in scientific research, an innovative research vision, and a
commitment to education for an Assistant Professor (tenure-track) or
Associate Professor (tenured) position. Our group focuses on machine
learning and autonomous navigation methods for robotics. Strong
collaborations exist within cross-faculty institutes (TU Delft Robotics
Institute and TU Delft Transport Institute), our national robotic ecosystem
(RoboValley, Holland Robotics), international industry and academia.

For more information about this position, please contact Prof. Robert
Babuska, e-mail: R.Babuska at tudelft.nl. To apply, please send a detailed CV,
motivation letter, a research and teaching statement, electronic copies of
your top three publications and contact data of at least three references.
All required documents should be combined to a single pdf file.
Applications should be submitted by email at the earliest convenience to
application-3mE at tudelft.nl. When applying for this position, please refer
to vacancy number 3mE18-78.

Regards,
Javier

Dr. Javier Alonso-Mora, Assistant Professor
Autonomous Multi-Robots Lab, Cognitive Robotics, 3mE
Delft University of Technology
Mekelweg 2, Room F-2-320, 2628 CD Delft, Netherlands
Phone: +31 152 785 489,
Web: www.alonsomora.com