[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Scientist Position in tactile perception and tactile-guided manipulation @ A*STAR, Singapore
wuy at i2r.a-star.edu.sg
Mon Feb 18 02:16:52 PST 2019
The Robotics and Autonomous Systems Department at the A*STAR Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore, invites application for a research scientist position in tactile perception and tactile-guided manipulation. We offer a highly competitive remuneration, leave and welfare package which commensurate with the experience of each applicant. Details on each position can be found below.
Applications will be reviewed until the positions are filled. Interested applicants are requested to submit:
- A cover letter
- A curriculum vitae that includes the name, address and email of 2 referees to wuy(at)i2r.a-star.edu.sg as soon as possible. Shortlisted candidates will be notified through email for interview.
Successful candidate will be involved in some or all of the following tasks:
- Research and development of multimodal active perceptual and learning algorithms for environmental understanding and safe and agile object manipulation with a focus on using event-based high-resolution tactile sensory inputs
- System integration to deliver functioning modules in a collaborative industrial robot environment
- Actively collaborate with other researchers in scientific writing, testing, experimentations, and trouble-shootings the robots during testing and real-world trial deployments
- Closely collaborate with other researchers to conduct research on robotic affordance understanding, grasping and perception, including tactile perception technology to create new robotic capabilities
- Realisation of algorithms developed into computational footprints that are suitable for deployment in robots, including optimizing the algorithms to allow for real time processing or deployment in an embedded processor
- Support the research and development activities of the Department in robot learning and dexterity
- PhD in Computer Science or Electrical, Electronics, Computer, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Background in relevant robotics field
- Proficient in programming skills (C/C++ and/or Python)
- Strong research track record
- Good analytical skills, innovative and proven track record in solving problems encountered in projects that are relevant to robotics
- Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) is Singapore's lead public sector agency that fosters world-class scientific research and talent to drive economic growth and transform Singapore into a vibrant knowledge-based and innovation driven economy. For more information about A*STAR, please visit: www.a-star.edu.sg<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.a-2Dstar.edu.sg&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=lh4vkBhKMnfdM45e7d_m2fbn1YswgMoSwoO8GPiqTrc&s=FkkHU7PBSHIG4xs_ePiTVAnSk0u4n9vFssTBVAk6EXA&e=>
The Institute for Infocomm Research (I²R) is a member of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) family and is Singapore's largest ICT research institute. Our strategic thrusts are in the spheres of intelligence, communications and media and our research capabilities are in shared sensor networks, public-public/public-private data-sharing platform, big data analytics and visualization solutions. For more information about I2R, please visit www.i2r.a-star.edu.sg<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.i2r.a-2Dstar.edu.sg&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=lh4vkBhKMnfdM45e7d_m2fbn1YswgMoSwoO8GPiqTrc&s=Fijo9P80OUjxPzxYaK3AfWjzCnctZQmRcqGmCW8vwm0&e=>
This e-mail and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain material that is confidential, privileged and/or protected by the Official Secrets Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it or notify the sender immediately. Please do not copy or use it for any purpose or disclose the contents to any other person.
More information about the robotics-worldwide