[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoc opening Multi-robot Motion Planning and Task Assignment:

Javier Alonso-Mora J.AlonsoMora at tudelft.nl
Mon Feb 18 06:24:17 PST 2019

Dear all,

We have a Postdoctoral research opening at TU Delft:
-  Multi-robot Motion Planning and Task Assignment: [3mE19-12]

More information and how to apply:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.alonsomora.com_openings_19-2DPD-5Fvacancy-5FMultiRobot.pdf&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=-TWh2QMAA0Ez5iHgvRVn7TYQeXPTIqIUDGhujLkULmg&s=_gSaBoSGazdUejjG-WNfFt-y5Ee-mhSAayHyhPrnTBM&e=

Gradually maturing robotic technology will enable large-scale deployments
of highly-automated systems for logistics. Fleets of autonomous mobile
robots can be leveraged to make industrial intralogistics more flexible and
more efficient and fleets of automated on-demand vehicles can disrupt urban
commerce by providing last-mile deliveries faster and cheaper than what is
possible using traditional delivery channels. In this project, we will
develop methods that allow to make principled decisions about design
parameters of large-scale multi-robot systems, and to control the vehicles
in the system, such that the desired trade-off between the fleet
composition, operation cost, and system performance is achieved. Our goal
is to design a general and scalable method for multi-robot multi-task
assignment and planning that integrates motion planning and task
assignment.

This project is supported in part by an Amazon Research Award “Predictive
Multi-objective Fleet Routing and Assignment”. Cross collaborations also
exist with the Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions and
other re- searchers from the TU Delft Robotics Institute and the TU Delft
Transportation Institute. For a glimpse of our research see
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.alonsomora.com_research.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=-TWh2QMAA0Ez5iHgvRVn7TYQeXPTIqIUDGhujLkULmg&s=y4eH5XRlSKOpci2zJVg6he93mORUQqvVima5WlaaCeA&e=

Regards,
Javier

Dr. Javier Alonso-Mora, Assistant Professor
Autonomous Multi-Robots Lab, Cognitive Robotics, 3mE
Delft University of Technology
Mekelweg 2, Room F-2-320, 2628 CD Delft, Netherlands
Phone: +31 152 785 489,
Web: www.alonsomora.com