[robotics-worldwide] [journals] IEEE RAM DEADLINE EXTENSION -- Special Issue on Humanoid Robot Applications in Real World Scenarios
Enrico.Mingo at iit.it
Mon Feb 25 09:28:14 PST 2019
Apologies for multiple postings
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ARTICLES EXTENDED TO 15 MARCH 2019
Due to popular demand and numerous requests, the organising committee of the upcoming special issue on "Humanoid robot applications in real world scenarios”, to be published in the IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, decided to extend the deadline for submission of full papers to Friday 15 March 2019.
* ABSTRACT *
Humanoid robotics is a key challenge due to the inherent complexity of locomotion, balancing and interaction with humans or unknown environments. Striving to overcome these difficulties, companies, international competitions and research projects have highlighted the potential of bipedal technologies and demonstrated how it is now approaching the level of maturity required for autonomous operation in unstructured environments.
An increasing number of companies and research institutes are now developing middle- and large-size humanoid robots for different purposes. International projects aim to use these bipeds as human coworkers for industrial manufacturing and warehouse tasks, or tele-operated for inspection and intervention in hazardous environments. These scenarios require advanced locomotion and interaction capabilities which are being addressed, not only with classical stiff position control, but also with advanced compliant torque/force control.
This special issue on humanoid robot applications in real world scenarios will make the research community aware of the latest and upcoming trends in this field, which is becoming increasingly appealing to industrial companies, including actors that were not previously involved in robotics.
* TOPICS *
The special issue will target papers in the following research areas:
- real applications and use case scenarios of humanoid bipedal robots
- humanoid hardware design for harsh environments
- whole-body multi-contact planning and control for real world applications
- loco-manipulation strategies in dynamic environments
- agile motion generation and control of humanoid robots
- performance benchmarking for bipedal robots
- success stories of humanoid technologies
Guest Editors will select those contributions that apply humanoid robotics technology with clear practical applications.
* IMPORTANT DATES UPDATED *
The new deadline to submit a paper for the special issue are:
- March 15, 2019: submission deadline
- May 12, 2019: first decision communicated to authors
- June 22, 2019: revised paper submitted/start of the second round of review
- August 20, 2019: final acceptance decision communicated to authors
with the final publication in the IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine which will be held in the December issue.
* LINKS *
Detailed timeline and further information can be found at the special issue web page<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ieee-2Dras.org_publications_ram_special-2Dissues_humanoid-2Drobot-2Dapplications-2Din-2Dreal-2Dworld-2Dscenarios&d=DwIF-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=80GIK8hJ_Vnd2YnKr2Lj2CZTlx7J9Hik2EIi5N0P_ug&s=kzgZmJ9hwL_InMES-z_8VwIvqHFQ_WNhWv--odGBnAw&e=><https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ieee-2Dras.org_publications_ram_special-2Dissues_humanoid-2Drobot-2Dapplications-2Din-2Dreal-2Dworld-2Dscenarios&d=DwIF-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=80GIK8hJ_Vnd2YnKr2Lj2CZTlx7J9Hik2EIi5N0P_ug&s=77eidTfEfNGduTaX_YnHk7BfZ-OT_kqvaNmzaL2P6cU&e=>.
Submission guidelines can be found at information for authors web page<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ieee-2Dras.org_publications_ram_information-2Dfor-2Dauthors&d=DwIF-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=80GIK8hJ_Vnd2YnKr2Lj2CZTlx7J9Hik2EIi5N0P_ug&s=Bi7vD5KyQhH1RLzmoJWBnyEmHSxF5KiN-IRK-wDLUrE&e=><https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ieee-2Dras.org_publications_ram_information-2Dfor-2Dauthors&d=DwIF-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=80GIK8hJ_Vnd2YnKr2Lj2CZTlx7J9Hik2EIi5N0P_ug&s=rDwWiR2TmaL09rnY4gODaxTiMPP76T1QLSr_ZDaIH5U&e=>.
We look forward your participation!
* GUEST EDITORS *
- Enrico Mingo Hoffman, Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genoa, Italy, enrico.mingo at iit.it
- Nikos G. Tsagarakis, Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genoa, Italy, nikos.tsagarakis at iit.it
- Luis Sentis, University of Texas at Austin, Austin (TX), USA, lsentis at austin.utexas.edu<mailto:lsentis at austin.utexas.edu>
- Francesco Ferro, PAL Robotics, Barcelona, Spain, francesco.ferro at pal-robotics.com<mailto:francesco.ferro at pal-robotics.com>
- Stéphane Caron, CNRS-UM LIRMM, Montpellier, France, stephane.caron at lirmm.fr<mailto:stephane.caron at lirmm.fr>
On behalf of the Guest Editors
Enrico Mingo Hoffman
Dept. of Advanced Robotics (ADVR)
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT-Genova)
More information about the robotics-worldwide