[robotics-worldwide] [Soft Robotics] [jobs] Post-Doc position in Soft Robotics at Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Francesca.Tramacere at iit.it
Tue Feb 26 05:11:26 PST 2019
Post Doc in Mechanical Engineering for Growing Adaptable Soft Robots
Workplace: Pontedera, IIT at SSSA
Added on: 22/02/2019 - Expires on: 22/03/2019
The Bioinspired Soft Robotics (BSR) Research Line at Center for Micro-BioRobotics (CMBR) of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT), is looking for an outstanding, highly motivated, full-time postdoctoral researcher to work in the context of the GrowBot project (www.growbot.eu), funded under the European Union's Horizon 2020 framework programme for research and innovation (grant agreement No. 824074).
The BSR Research Line aims at designing and developing new robotic solutions and advanced components by taking inspiration from Nature. The group works in a dynamic, international and multidisciplinary environment, combining engineering and biology and using plants and soft bodied animals as principal biological models. Science-based research activities are combined with the development of application-driven robotic solutions and technology transfer.
The BSR's group is pioneer of the fields of plant-inspired robotics and growing robotics, and has developed the first worldwide robot inspired by plants (Plantoid). The group counts on outstanding equipment and facilities together with strategic collaborations world-wide.
The selected candidate will conduct innovative research activities in the framework of adaptive growing robotics. The position includes theoretical and hands-on research, collaborations with Post Docs, PhDs and MSc students, preparation of scientific publications and contribution to new grant proposals. The candidate must be capable to collaborate with a large, international and multidisciplinary team.
* PhD Degree in Robotics or closely related fields
* Excellent publication track record in the area of robotic design with focus on manufacturing design and smart/multi-functional materials
* Strong experience and knowledge in the following fields:
* Design of multi-body systems
* CAD design (Siemens NX, SolidWorks or equivalent)
* Miniaturized electromechanical integration
* Analytical formalization of kinematic and dynamic robotic systems
* Additive manufacturing techniques
* Soft robotic technologies
* Experience and knowledge of advanced design tools
* Experience with simulation environments (e.g. Abaqus, MATLAB)
* Excellent knowledge of sensing devices (e.g. position, force/torque), their properties and their applications
* Experience in the design and realization of advanced robotic systems
* Strong communication and English language skills (written and spoken)
* Team work
The successful candidate will be offered a contract with a highly competitive salary that will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications, assembled as a single PDF file, shall include:
* a complete CV with a full list of publications, plus a final section titled "Relevant skills" commenting on the strong points where your CV matches the required skills (list above);
* copy of up to 5 relevant papers, plus a final section titled "Personal contributions" detailing your specific contributions to each presented papers;
* name and contacts of 2 referees.
Interested should email their application both to emma.cappelleri at iit.it<mailto:emma.cappelleri at iit.it> and to applications at iit.it<mailto:applications at iit.it> quoting "Post Doc in Mechanical Engineering for Growing Robots CB 76474".
Please apply by 22/03/2019.
Fondazione Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia (IIT) with its headquarters in Genova, Italy, is a non-profit institution with the primary goal of creating and disseminating scientific knowledge and strengthening Italy's technological competitiveness. IIT promotes excellence in basic and applied research through a multidisciplinary scientific program that includes humanoid technologies and robotics, neuroscience and cognition, nanotechnology and materials.
We inform you that the information you provide will be used solely for the purposes of evaluating and selecting professional profiles in order to meet the requirements of Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia.
Your data will be processed by Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, based in Genoa, Via Morego 30, acting as Data Controller, in compliance with the rules on protection of personal data, including those related to data security.
Please also note that, pursuant to articles 15 et. seq. of European Regulation no. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation), you may exercise your rights at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer (phone +39 010 71781 - email: dpo[at]iit.it).
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
applications at iit.it
emma.cappelleri at iit.it
Post Doc, GrowBot Project manager
Center for Micro-BioRobotics
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia
Viale Rinaldo Piaggio, 34
56025 Pontedera (PI)
More information about the robotics-worldwide