[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Fully funded PhD position on rehabilitation robotics

laura.marchal at artorg.unibe.ch laura.marchal at artorg.unibe.ch
Wed Jul 3 05:05:18 PDT 2019

The Motor Learning and Neurorehabilitation laboratory<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.artorg.unibe.ch_research_mln_index-5Feng.html&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=R3H6Qa5dnFQWdiR1i6z0REvPufh4_kS8c9FiIqLpJMY&s=AR28IZLy5sR2zOUWY3M20Me28WE7dVYncf0dhJ38wXQ&e= > at the University of Bern, Switzerland, is seeking for a creative and motivated PhD candidate for a fully funded position.

The Motor Learning and Neurorehabilitation laboratory is an interdisciplinary group that gathers the knowledge and expertise of mechanical and biomedical engineers, computer scientists, neuroscientists and psychologists. Our research focuses on human-machine interfaces and biological learning, and, specifically, on the use of robotic assistance to aid people in rehabilitate after neurologic injuries.
The goal of this project is to design a novel clinical-driven robotic device based on the advanced technology of Force Dimension<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.forcedimension.com_&d=DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=R3H6Qa5dnFQWdiR1i6z0REvPufh4_kS8c9FiIqLpJMY&s=eVqwWlX0NTMOLfT8JvrlsbFooTuykRJHE07iXAH3KKc&e= > haptic devices, that allows high functional training, such as training of activities of daily living with rich rendered virtual dynamics. The new design will target the specific needs of patients undergoing sensorimotor training and clinicians at the Department of Neurology of University Hospital Inselspital, Bern.
For this position, we are looking for an active and self-motivated PhD student with a master’s degree in mechanical/electrical engineering or biomedical engineering with solid mechanical design knowledge. Experience in game design and/or signal processing and German speaking is highly appreciated. Interest to collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of roboticists, neuroscientists, and cognitive scientist and willingness to interact with patients is important. The candidate will have the freedom to put his/her own ideas and creativity to work.
The position is available immediately; the starting date can be discussed.
We look forward to you joining our team!
Interested?
Please send your complete application (CV, motivation letter, mechanical engineering design portfolio) via e-mail to laura.marchal at artorg.unibe.ch.
Prof. Dr. Laura Marchal-Crespo
Motor Learning and Neurorehabilitation
ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering Research
University of Bern
Murtenstrasse 50, Room B113
CH-3008 Bern
Tel: +41 31 632 93 44