[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] PhD position on Robot Grasping @ AAU Klagenfurt, Austria

Hubert Zangl hubert.zangl at aau.at
Thu Jul 4 06:35:10 PDT 2019

The Institute of Smart System Technologies, Sensors and Actuators Group,
Faculty of Technical Sciences at Alpen-Adria-Universitaet Klagenfurt is
seeking to make the following appointment:

PhD Position in Robot Grasping - Tactile Sensing and Proximity Perception

*** Duties and Responsibilities ***

- Collaboration with scientific and industrial partners of the
institute, e.g. www.cap-size.at
- Independent research with the aim to submit a dissertation and to
acquire a PhD
- Assistance in public relations activities

*** Recruitment conditions ***

- A university degree (Master or Diplom-Ingenieur) in the field of
electrical engineering and information technology, mechanical
engineering, computer science or a related subject, graded with
excellent academic success and corresponding knowledge in the field.
- Proven programming skills in at least one of the languages Matlab, C /
C ++, Python, ROS
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
- Social and communication skills, ability to work independently

*** Additional (Optional) Qualifications***

- Experience in one of the following fields:
-- Multiphysical modeling and simulation of sensors and actuators
-- Capacitive, Time of Flight, Radar or other proximity sensors
-- Design of (Computer) Experiments
-- Additive Manufacturing
-- Machine Learning
-- Wireless Transducers
- Relevant (international) practical experience
- Scientific publications

The minimum gross monthly salary for this assignment amounts to €
2.854,50 (14 x p.a., temporary contract for 3 years, scheme B1, 100%
employment, 40 hours/week) and can increase in accordance with the
provisions of the collective agreement in the case of consideration of
previous occupational experience. The scheduled start of the employment
is as soon as possible.

The Alpen-Adria-Universitaet Klagenfurt intends to increase the number
of women on its faculty, particularly high-level positions, and
therefore specifically invites applications by women. Among equally
qualified applicants women will receive preferential consideration.

People with disabilities or chronic diseases who are qualified are
explicitly invited to apply.

In the "Sensors and Actuators" Group, we seek to push the current bounds
in sensor design and optimization, autarkic wireless sensors, sensors in
robotics and near field sensing. The group publishes in international
top journals and conference proceedings. Successful applicants will be
encouraged and supported to publish their work in such journals and
proceedings and will have the opportunity to cooperate with our world
renowned international partners from science and industry. Our network
comprises partners in Europe, North and South America, Australia and
Asia. We specifically encourage and support close and open collaboration
with our peers both internationally and at the University. Our young
research group provides a highly dynamic and friendly attitude and thus
a collaborative and inspiring work environment with highly modern
infrastructure, which is continuously updated and upgraded.

For further information please contact Prof. Hubert Zangl,
hubert.zangl at aau.at or visit our website at www.aau.at/sat.