[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Research Fellow - Robotics @ Monash University, Australia

JOB Adverts adverts at monash.edu
Sun Jul 7 16:34:02 PDT 2019

*Research Fellow - Robotics*

*Job No.: *594196

*Location: *Clayton campus

*Employment Type: *Full-time

*Duration:* 2 year fixed-term appointment

*Remuneration: *$68,040 - $92,343 pa Level A (plus 9.5% employer
superannuation)

   - *Be inspired, every day*
   - *Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities*
   - *Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions*

Everyone needs a platform to launch a satisfying career. At Monash, we give
you the space and support to take your career in all kinds of exciting new
directions. You’ll have access to quality research, infrastructure and
learning facilities, opportunities to collaborate internationally, as well
as the grants you’ll need to publish your work. We’re a university full of
energetic and enthusiastic minds, driven to challenge what’s expected,
expand what we know, and learn from other inspiring, empowering thinkers.

*The Opportunity*

The Department of Electrical and Computer Systems Engineering is seeking a
Research Fellow with a particular interest in robot learning, interactive
learning and a willingness to research long term autonomy in human
environments.

As the Research Fellow, you will utilise your strong research and
analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems to make significant
contributions to the research efforts of the team. You will have the unique
opportunity to develop research proposals and supervise junior researchers.

You will have excellent organisational capabilities, outstanding verbal and
written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work as part of
a team.

The ideal candidate will hold a PhD in electrical, computer or mechatronics
engineering, computer science or a closely related field.

This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements
may be negotiated.

At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation.
Some positions at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid
Working with Children Check.

Your application must address the selection criteria.

*Enquiries*
Professor Dana Kulic, Electrical & Computer Systems Engineering,
dana.kulic at monash.edu

*Closing Date*

Thursday 25 July 2019, 11:55 pm AEST

*For further information or to apply, please view; *

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__careers.pageuppeople.com_513_cw_en_job_594196_research-2Dfellow-2Drobotics&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=ITPLxwQvLGfcXafmFm0HH-pOgmBpBqe3qlhNufePalw&s=5UyM2MFulodSjnc7ozieEaoFx2yqgH5kVzmqpfSeaEA&e=