[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] MICCAI 2019 Workshop OR 2.0 Context-Aware Operating Theaters, Call for Papers, Deadline: July 14th, 2019

Anand Malpani amalpan1 at jhu.edu
Mon Jul 8 18:48:41 PDT 2019

Surgical robotic tools and digitally enhanced operating theaters have been giving surgeons a helping hand for years. While they provide great control, precision and flexibility to the surgeons, they don't yet address the cognitive assistance needs in the operating theater. We are on the verge of a new wave of innovations of artificial intelligence powered, context-aware operating theaters. This workshop aims to highlight the potential use of surgical data science multidisciplinary approaches and teams with a focus on translation and clinical applications that will define the future technologies of the next generation operating theaters.

The featured topics of the OR 2.0 Context-Aware Operating Theaters are, but not limited to, as below:

  *   Machine vision and perception
  *   Robotics
  *   Surgical simulation and modeling
  *   Cognitive models
  *   Multi-modal data fusion and visualization
  *   Image analysis
  *   Advanced imaging
  *   Advanced display technologies
  *   Human-computer interfaces
  *   Sensors
  *   Wearable and implantable electronics and robots
  *   Visual attention models
  *   Decision support networks to enhance surgical procedural assistance
  *   Context-awareness and team communication in the operating theater
  *   Human-robot collaborative systems
  *   Surgical training and assessment

OR 2.0 will feature keynote speakers, research talks from paper submissions, a poster session, best paper/poster awards, and an open discussion forum of OR 2.0 context-aware operating theater technologies and their clinical impact. The workshop will feature clinicians, engineers and industry partners. All students and researchers interested in the future technologies that will define the next generation operating theaters, regardless of experience, are invited. Accepted papers will be published jointly with MICCAI 2019 in a Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) Proceedings Volume. Best paper/posters will be awarded. This year, we will expand our board with an industrial board from various companies that work on related topics. We also introduce bench to OR award, which will be given to works that have potential to be easily translated into clinical applications. We would like to thank our sponsor Intuitive for sponsoring a total of 2000$ in prizes for best paper/poster awards.

For more information about our program and submissions, please visit our website https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__or20.univ-2Drennes1.fr&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=YW0J03pixOEx-9UsFejYitRm9_qGL4Nc5YIVXyZi4Pk&s=qVDroFgpcnWde88IMZ8ZYFmn2rEzrGmCwOOXeOXv_tY&e=

Call For Papers

Full paper submissions of 6-8 pages will be featured. Oral and poster papers will be accepted. Eligible oral paper authors will present their work as part of the workshop program. Best paper/posters will be awarded. Paper Submission deadline is 14/07/2019. Paper submission is now open on https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cmt3.research.microsoft.com_OR2019&d=DwIFAw&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=YW0J03pixOEx-9UsFejYitRm9_qGL4Nc5YIVXyZi4Pk&s=OKWPdX9yUXZPC28liQ_1kKvW0SF4lTPHU5GOvQw8wqE&e=

Organizing Board:
Duygu Sarikaya (University of Rennes I)
Anand Malpani (Johns Hopkins University)
Stefanie Speidel (National Center for Tumor Diseases (NCT) Dresden)
Daniel Hashimoto (Massachusetts General Hospital, SAIIL)

Industrial Board:
Omid Mohareri (Intuitive Surgery)
Lars Mündermann (KARL STORZ)
Cyrill von Tiesenhausen (KUKA)

Advisory Board:
Chee Kong Chui (National University of Singapore)
Paolo Fiorini (University of Verona)
Pheng-Ann Heng (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)
Pierre Jannin (University of Rennes I)
Ken Masamune (Tokyo Women's Medical University)
Thomas Neumuth (Innovation Center Computer Assisted Surgery (ICCAS))
Nicolas Padoy (University of Strasbourg)
Sandrine de Ribaupierre (University of Western Ontario)
Marco Zenati (Harvard Medical School)
Guoyan Zheng (Shanghai Jiao Tong University)

Sincerely,
The organizing board of OR 2.0. Context-Aware Surgical Theaters