[robotics-worldwide] [Soft Robotics][jobs] Posdoc funding available | Soft Robotics | Shanghai Jiao Tong University

guguoying guguoying at sjtu.edu.cn
Sat Jul 13 19:40:52 PDT 2019

 Dear All,

There is a funded postdoc position (2-3 years) at Soft Robotics and Biodesign lab (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__softrobotics.sjtu.edu.cn_&d=DwIGoQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=e4T6aK-EmUgibJQbFubJmOC5trclFMBaEuipwd4IjNU&s=eCwvD0cWrCXjNJCKmCX225PnZBBByflc1F5P9Bc7OxA&e=  ), Robotics Institute, School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), Shanghai, China. We have a soft robotic project on developing  wearable and assistive  soft robots for assisting and restoring the ability of the humans with the upper extremity weakness in activities of daily living.

We seek two post-doctoral researchers who are interested in working with our team and have the experiences in the research areas of design, modeling, control, or manufacturing of soft robotics. The candidate should have: PhD degree, excellent academic track record with publications, excellent written and communication skills (in English) and the ability to work in a collaborative team. If the candidates have the good backgrounds of deep learning, we are also very interesting.

Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU), as one of the higher education institutions which enjoy a long history and a world-renowned reputation in China, is a key university directly under the administration of the Ministry of Education (MOE) of the People's Republic of China and co-constructed by MOE and Shanghai Municipal Government. Through more than 120 years' unremitting efforts, SJTU has become a comprehensive, research-oriented, and internationalized top university in China.

If you are interesting in this position, please email me (guguoying at sjtu.edu.cn) your resume, cover letter describing research interests and goals, copies of up to three relevant research papers, as well as the information of three references (expected to provide recommendation letters for the next steps). The post will be open until filled.

All the best,

Guoying Gu, Ph.D.
Professor
Soft Robotics and Biodesign lab
Robotics Institute, School of Mechanical Engineering
Shanghai Jiao Tong University
800 Dong Chuan Road, Shanghai 200240, China
Email: guguoying at sjtu.edu.cn;
Web: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__softrobotics.sjtu.edu.cn_&d=DwIGoQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=e4T6aK-EmUgibJQbFubJmOC5trclFMBaEuipwd4IjNU&s=eCwvD0cWrCXjNJCKmCX225PnZBBByflc1F5P9Bc7OxA&e=