[robotics-worldwide] [robotics-worlwide] [jobs] Postdoctoral position at INRIA (MFX team)

Jonas Martinez jonas.martinez-bayona at inria.fr
Fri Jul 19 05:38:05 PDT 2019

*Contacts*
Jonàs Martínez (jonas.martinez-bayona at inria.fr) and Sylvain Lefebvre
(sylvain.lefebvre at inria.fr) at INRIA Nancy Grand-Est.

*Description*
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher interested in algorithmic
problems at the intersection of Computer Graphics and Additive
Manufacturing (AM). In particular, we are focusing on problems arising
in the entire chain of modeling and processing for AM, with an emphasis
on algorithms tailored for small-scale and complex geometries. The
recruited postdoc will have complete freedom to explore topics within
this line of research.

Our methodologies of choice are rooted in procedural synthesis methods
that can automatically create details within parts, under user control,
such as to achieve the desired functionality after the shapes are
fabricated. As the models we create are highly detailed, we develop
specialized algorithms to visualize them, interact with their
properties, and process their geometries before fabrication. For a
glimpse of recent publications of our team following that line of
research see https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mfx.loria.fr_publications_&d=DwIDaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=GHd8WMfdGHFMTpGMLpHwTQHl1Ye0bLISbPaMuS88zhQ&s=LNZf9LRnJMXg0Pcfg5SkteXV-uhf_zKA1SIp8LCxFNQ&e=

The recruited candidate will join the rich and dynamic research
environment of INRIA Nancy Grand-Est. We host with a fully equipped
fabrication lab, and have ongoing collaboration in material science,
robotics, and the medical domain. Funding will be provided to attend
conferences and workshops.

*General information*

  * Duration: 2 years.
  * Starting date: 1st October 2019 (or until a suitable candidate is found)
  * Applications to be sent as soon as possible.
  * Monthly net salary between 2200-2500€ (depending on experience).
    Medical insurance included.

*How to apply*
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jobs.inria.fr_public_classic_en_offres_2019-2D01904&d=DwIDaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=GHd8WMfdGHFMTpGMLpHwTQHl1Ye0bLISbPaMuS88zhQ&s=ahDF5D9rU7zCsKfnJqFhB3P8RUX9MNXlLKM-5gXXgqw&e=

*Help and benefits*

  * Possibility of free French courses.
  * Help for finding housing.
  * Help for the resident card procedure and for husband/wife visa.
  * Subsidized meals.
  * Partial reimbursement of public transport costs.
  * Leave: 7 weeks of annual leave + 10 extra days off due to RTT
    (statutory reduction in working hours).
  * Possibility of teleworking (after 6 months of employment) and
    flexible organization of working hours.