[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Augean Robotics: multiple open positions for robotics, SLAM, and deep learning engineers

Charles Andersen charlie at agrbt.com
Fri Jul 19 11:29:20 PDT 2019

Augean robotics (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.agrbt.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=O-afCEcFEum5iPvCIYtV-NLbnzaUTAwQUj6VrvmWiqI&s=EokX-DoUq5_aCLf7ptz54u--ajsGdIR1YIiEB6A1jxw&e= ) is on a mission to free people from
tedious tasks outdoors, beginning with collaborative robots that help farm
laborers work more productively, while also laying the base for ever more
expansive autonomy where it is needed most. We are VC-backed by some of the
top US agtech and tech VCs, and based in Philadelphia, PA, near University
of Pennsylvania’s GRASP lab.  Our team is working on the hard problem in
robotics - long-term vision-based autonomy in ever-changing outdoor
settings.  We have several PhD and Masters positions open:

SENIOR ROBOTIC SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Autonomous navigation in complex outdoor environments
Philadelphia, PA

At Augean Robotics we are pioneering commercial robots into dynamic
unstructured outdoor environments and building the future where
collaborative robots work alongside people while laying the foundation for
expansive high-value autonomy.  Today, our launch product, Burro, is in
trials with some of the world’s largest growers, and we are seeking a
Senior Robotic Software Engineer who will work with our multi-disciplinary
team to expand the capabilities and autonomy of our fleet.  As an early
team member, you will contribute directly to our continued success and
culture.  You will also hold meaningful equity, and grow as we accelerate
our growth as a company.

The role:
• Solve the hard problem in robotics - long-term vision-based autonomy that
functions robustly in ever-changing outdoor settings
• Work alongside our CTO and CRO, and with our computer vision, software,
and hardware teams, to develop autonomy that enables Burros to robustly
interpret, localize, and navigate through their surroundings
• Architect and maintain a high quality commercial codebase for a full
autonomy stack
• Lead development of vision-based SLAM for outdoor navigation
• Work with our team and contribute to our culture of collaboration,
innovation, and intellectual curiosity
• On occasion, travel to field deployments

We are looking for:
• Expertise with navigation (SLAM, visual odometry, GPS) and motion control
planning
• Professional C++ and Python programming experience
• 2-5+ years of experience in computer vision and robotics
• Outstanding educational credentials including a PhD or Masters in a
relevant technical field, or equivalent industry experience

DEEP LEARNING ENGINEER
Perception in complex outdoor environments
Philadelphia, PA

At Augean Robotics we are pioneering commercial robots into dynamic
unstructured outdoor environments and building the future where
collaborative robots work alongside people while laying the foundation for
expansive high-value autonomy.  Today, our launch product, Burro, is in
trials with some of the world’s largest growers, and we are seeking a Deep
Learning Engineer to apply learning techniques and to develop perception
around the massive data pipeline being produced by our fleet.

The role:

• Build the visual intelligence behind a large fleet of autonomous robots
• Design and lead perception development, including real time object
detection and tracking, scene segmentation, and row detection
• Coordinate development and training of a data pipeline from a large fleet
of vision-based mobile robots
• Work with our team and contribute to our culture of collaboration,
innovation, and intellectual curiosity

We are looking for:
• Experience developing autonomy around ML techniques, and with deep
learning architectures for classification, detection, and scene segmentation
• Experience in applied Machine Learning including data collection,
analysis and feature engineering
• Experience with Tensorflow, Caffe, Keras, ROS, OpenCV
• Outstanding educational credentials including a Masters or PhD in
computer science, machine learning, or another relevant field

To apply for either role, or to learn more:
Send an email to jointheteam at agrbt.com. Please include your resume and a
few brief words on why you're interested.