[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoc Position in Machine Learning @Lund
luiginardi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 12:58:21 PDT 2019
Opening: 1 Postdoc in Machine Learning at Lund University (Sweden).
*Research area*: Machine Learning
*Start*: September 2019 or later
*Duration*: 2 years renewable
*Where*: Lund University - CS department
*Application closing date*: August 15, 2019
*Head of group*: Professor Luigi Nardi (luigi.nardi at cs.lth.se)
These projects, financed by WASP <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wasp-2Dsweden.org_&d=DwIBaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=80TvP_pv82u5oLM8I_xfpeTdUEdIwPbOtcZRLDjbj5w&s=JCXyN2w44LZ3h06xHo9OX5PTaSEEP_sVfo4dYjtI1vo&e= > (Wallenberg AI,
Autonomous System and Software Programme), aim at introducing innovative
algorithms and methodologies to overcome the limitations of multi-objective
black-box optimization. They are part of a collaboration with Stanford
University. The students will be encouraged to apply to the WASP exchange
program with Stanford to work closely with collaborators.
Topics of interest:
- Black-box optimization
- Derivative-free optimization (DFO)
- Bayesian optimization
- Algorithm configuration and selection
- Active learning
- Automated machine learning (AutoML)
- Neural architecture search (NAS)
- Hyperparameter optimization
- Learning to learn
- Meta learning and transfer learning
- Reinforcement learning (RL)
- Optimization of neural networks
- Evolutionary algorithms (EA)
- Discrete optimization and NP-hard problem solving
- Data-driven analysis of algorithms, hyperparameter importance, etc.
Some applications of interest:
Image classification, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Simultaneous
localization and mapping (SLAM), Design space exploration (DSE), Optimizing
compilers, Hardware design: CPU, GPU, FPGA, CGRA, ASIC.
Luigi Nardi, Ph.D.
CS and EE Departments
353 Serra Mall, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
More information about the robotics-worldwide