[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Marine Robotics - Perception, Navigation and Control

Ralf Bachmayer bachmaye at uni-bremen.de
Wed Jul 24 02:02:03 PDT 2019

The Center of Innovation for Deep-Sea Environmental Monitoring at the MARUM, University of Bremen, Germany has a an opening for a fully funded postdoctoral/research associate position in the area of

Marine Robotics - Perception, Navigation and Control.

You will be part of the newly established Center of Innovation for Deep-Sea Environmental Monitoring at the MARUM, University of Bremen, Germany. The Center was established to develop new solutions for sustainable and persistent deep-sea observations for emerging monitoring challenges in deep-ocean environments.

You should be interested in developing and applying cutting edge research towards the implementation of intelligent systems for autonomous deep-sea observations in a very challenging environment. We are currently developing a novel, highly manoeuvrable vehicle and are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team. We offer an exciting work environment with room to bring and explore your own ideas and collaborate with experts in the field of marine robotics and the marine sciences.

The position (TV-L13) will initially be limited to three years starting as soon as possible.

Tasks include but are not limited to:

	• Participating in current research activities and shaping future research directions of the Marine Environmental Technologies/Deep-Sea Engineering Group.
	• Teaching and mentoring of students in computer science/mathematics and systems engineering.
	• Support and initiate collaborations with new and existing partners, locally, nationally and internationally.
	• Publication of research in leading scientific/technical journals and international conferences.
	• Willingness to participate in multi-week open ocean research cruises.

In particular we are interested in applicants that have a strong background and track record in one or several of the following research areas: artificial Intelligence, machine vision, underwater communication, sensing, navigation and control. The applicant should work well in a multi-disciplinary team and have a keen interest to collaborate with marine scientists on a broad range of research questions.

For the full announcement and more details please visit:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.uni-2Dbremen.de_de_universitaet_die-2Duni-2Dals-2Darbeitgeber_offene-2Dstellen_detailansicht_joblist_Job_show_postdoctoralresearch-2Dassociate-2Dposition-2Dfmd-2D5854_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=8lkMJDJrTJi05wUA3FPR_I5A6jlIU_yMcPFJeaFYk_Q&s=gPzl5Qmpbp0_fE2AB0LupvMgsJhaFyn58k6H4DFEy9U&e=  <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.uni-2Dbremen.de_de_universitaet_die-2Duni-2Dals-2Darbeitgeber_offene-2Dstellen_detailansicht_joblist_Job_show_postdoctoralresearch-2Dassociate-2Dposition-2Dfmd-2D5854_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=8lkMJDJrTJi05wUA3FPR_I5A6jlIU_yMcPFJeaFYk_Q&s=gPzl5Qmpbp0_fE2AB0LupvMgsJhaFyn58k6H4DFEy9U&e= >

Looking forward to hear from you.

______________________________
Prof. Dr. Ralf Bachmayer
Marine Environmental Technologies/ Deep-Sea Engineering
FB3 - Mathematics/Computer Science
University of Bremen
MARUM – Cen­ter for Mar­ine En­vir­on­mental Sci­ences
Leo­bener Str. 8
D-28359 Bre­men
Ger­many

e-mail: bachmaye at uni-bremen DOT de