[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotic Software and Controls Engineer in Austin, TX
williamhelmsing at apptronik.com
Wed Jul 24 19:08:39 PDT 2019
Austin based Apptronik (apptronik.com) is developing world class robotics technologies including agile humanoids and high-performance exoskeletons. A spin-out from the Human Centered Robotics lab of UT Austin, Apptronik is dedicated to developing the robots of tomorrow that will work alongside humans and improve our quality of life.
Our culture emphasizes collaboration, creativity, and curiosity to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative technologies. We are growing quickly with a vision to build and deliver products to the world with a continuous emphasis on research and development to push the technological edge. Specifically, we seek an experienced Software and Controls Engineer with proven hands-on capabilities and a strong theoretical background.
* High proficiency in software engineering using C++ in a Linux development environment
* Strong theoretical understanding of dynamics, controls, estimation, and linear algebra
* Experience developing and debugging real-time, multithreaded software systems
* Experience implementing model-based feedback control of articulated robots and troubleshooting hardware
* Excellent communication and documentation skills
Nice to have:
* Familiarity with ROS
* Familiarity with Series Elastic Actuators (SEAs)
* Experience with modelling dynamic systems, system identification, and optimization solvers
* Experience controlling exoskeletons or humanoids
* Experience with embedded systems and firmware development
* Familiarity with RTPreempt and Linux kernel configuration
* Experience with EtherCAT
* Exceptional attention to detail and engineering discipline
* Creative, curious, analytical, and disciplined
* Capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple deadlines
* Great team player able to communicate effectively and perform within an interdisciplinary and dynamic start-up environment
Minimum education/experience: Bachelor's degree with 3+ years experience OR Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or similar.
Compensation & Work Environment
* Competitive base w/ benefits
* Highly motivating equity incentive package
* Unlimited Paid Time off
* Flexible work hours policy
* Professional development opportunities
* Relocation package
Start date: Immediate
Location: Austin, TX
Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply, please send a copy of your resume to jobs at apptronik.com.
More information about the robotics-worldwide