[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] - Robotics Engineer - Liverpool

Nicola Allinson nicola.allinson at magellanrobotech.com
Fri Jul 26 07:08:27 PDT 2019

JOB TITLE: Robotics Engineer

REPORTS TO (TITLE): Head of Gaming Products

LOCATION: IT Department, Head Office - Liverpool - England

SALARY: 25 - 35K depending on experience

APPLY: Send CV, Cover Note & Available Start Date to hr at magellanrobotech.com<mailto:hr at magellanrobotech.com>   - Title robotics engineer position

Summary

The Primary purpose of this role is to help the team build a humanoid robot. Currently the team is working on NLP, machine learning and computer vision. We are looking for a candidate to bring our project to the next level. The role will involve R&D to locate cutting edge hardware and technology required for building and programming a robot. This is a green field's project with exciting opportunities for a motivated and ambitious person.

Responsibilities

*         Research the current market and look for components for building a bust of humanoid robot.

*         Develop moving components for head, eyes and face using servos and actuators

*         Work with developers for integrating software and hardware

*         Camera tracking/movement to follow people

Skills Expertise

*        Practical experience of developing robotics systems and system integration (software, electrical and mechanical integration)

*        Practical experience integrating low-level systems on embedded devices

*        Embedded devices - Arduino

*        Python programming language

*        ROS

Knowledge & Experience

*         A degree in robotics engineers or some comparable discipline

*         A strong portfolio of work - demonstrable expertise in practise

*         Projects experience - full development lifecycle

*          Solid understanding of any programming languages python/C#/C++

Attributes
*      Highly motivated to push the boundaries of existing technology.
*      Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to establish positive relationships with employees at all levels of the business as well as external partners.
*      Resilient, approachable with the ability to work successfully in a dynamic, fast paced team
*      Ability to operate as a team player, with a flexible and positive attitude.
*      Always operates with the highest levels of honesty, integrity and fidelity, acting in the best interest of the business at all times.
*      Ability to effectively prioritise and deliver to a high standard.

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be
confidential. If you have received them in error please notify the sender immediately
and delete all records of the email and its attachments from your computer. Unless you
are the intended recipient you must not read, copy, distribute, use or retain this email
or any attachments or any part of them.

Although we aim to use efficient virus checking procedures for emails and attachments
we accept no liability for viruses and it is the recipient's responsibility to ensure they
are actually virus free.