[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Computer Vision Engineer: Object Pose Estimation. Dorabot.
vivian.xie at dorabot.com
Sun Jul 28 23:04:47 PDT 2019
We aim to gather the smartest robot enthusiasts to build a fully autonomous
robot that can see and operate in the human environment, bring a true
robotic future to life.
For this position, we are looking for a talented software engineer with a
deep background in vision and robot perception.
1. Work with both 2D (RGB) and 3D (Depth) raw perception data, sometimes
even with other sensors who provides other modalities of percepts of the
2. Solving vision tasks include but not limited to:
• Vision sensor calibration (internal and external)
• Identify and classify objects, generate bounding boxes, segment objects/
generate object masks
• Measure object size in physical unit
• Estimate and tracking object pose
• Learn/ scan new objects in short time, possibly with surface
• Identify and read barcodes
• Large-scale automatic data collection
• Efficient (even autonomous) data labeling
• Vision-based mapping, localization, and navigation
3. Perform these tasks (if applicable) efficiently and robustly, against
various lighting conditions/ under heavy occlusion/ while the relative pose
between camera and object are changing as high speed/ multiple objects at
the same time/ multiple cameras at the same time/ across different sensors/
deploy them on real robot hardware etc.
4. Work on challenging scenarios such as the partially observable,
sequential, dynamic, continuous, and unstructured environment.
5. The job might involve researching on a particular topic, reading papers,
attending conferences, efficiently implementing algorithms on hardware,
testing in the real environment, debugging, parallelization, sourcing
sensors, and computing platforms, writing documents/ papers, generating
patents, and other possible forms.
* Position Requirement*
1. Background in computer vision, computer graphics, image processing,
machine learning or other related fields
2. Proficient with C++ and Python (knowledge and daily experience)
3. Solid knowledge of computer vision theory with past experience of
turning those theories into a robust program.
4. Proficient with vision library: OpenCV, PCL, etc.
5. Proficient in deep learning frameworks: Tensor Flow, Keras, etc.
6. Skilled with machine learning techniques, especially deep learning,
reinforcement learning and transfer learning.
*Who We Are*
Dorabot is an AI and robotics company developing loading, sorting,
induction, and transportation solutions for market-leading logistics
companies in the US and Asia. Headquartered in Shenzhen and backed by some
of the most prominent tech magnates, we're a tight-knit team of visionaries
that live and breathe robotics. As e-commerce has exploded, order
fulfillment still largely depends on traditional Resources.
Dorabot's advanced solutions allow express couriers to automate, keep up
with increasing demand, and fully embrace the future. Unique among
early-stage Asian startups, Dorabot employs people from over 10 different
countries and views diversity as a key to their success. Among Dorabot’s
employees are former UPS executives and Amazon Robotics Challenge champions
from Germany and Australia.
Dorabot is currently piloting sorting solutions in the US, which will be
rolled out to additional facilities in 2019, followed by our loading and
Our Website: *www.dorabot.com <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.dorabot.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=ytuU718g3OeHz-qldhOfCxqNjQzpGc0ypUzQpojUzto&s=DrpXgg83PMpQvjq29G_4L2-jBr7A0-CPx4oihf5MFtM&e= >*
Dorabot Solution Compilation Video - *https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__youtu.be_3-2Dr9GbGQ-2DDs&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=ytuU718g3OeHz-qldhOfCxqNjQzpGc0ypUzQpojUzto&s=-P2d1S630lGs6B13zr8eVak8LCs72VU_duk-Rs3HdHM&e=
A short video we put together showcasing our various solutions and
technologies for DHL’s Robotics Day event in Germany.
Life at Dorabot: Employee Interviews:
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.youtube.com_watch-3Fv-3D57-5FVOM0W-5FCY&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=ytuU718g3OeHz-qldhOfCxqNjQzpGc0ypUzQpojUzto&s=ic02YfrhS2FXsu_f9ltkOytUZCwOhp-3VWe3n3jyrL4&e= > *
Hear about what it’s like to work at Dorabot from employees themselves!
*Please send your updated version of resume to dream at dorabot.com
<vivian.xie at dorabot.com>.*
Human Resources Business Partner
No. 2 Zuopaotai Rd, H6-2, Nanshan District｜Shenzhen, Guangdong 518000, China
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The contents of this email message and any
attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and contain
confidential and/or privileged information and are legally protected from
disclosure unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended
recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been
addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply
email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination,
copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. Thank you.
More information about the robotics-worldwide