[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Robotics Open Source Engineer, Staff Engineer, Open Source Group
ranny.haiby at samsung.com
Mon Mar 4 15:29:11 PST 2019
Samsung Research America (SRA)
Company Location - Mountain View, CA
If you are passionate about robotics and a supporter of open source software we have a perfect job for you!
Samsung’s open source journey started in 2002 with Embedded Linux based products and now every product has open source software in it. Open Source Group (OSG) under Samsung Research is the corporate Open Source Program office for all open source activities in Samsung. OSG is located in Seoul and 7 different countries around the globe with collaborative efforts. IoT, Edge Computing, Cloud, Networking, AI, Kernel, Graphics are current work areas and we keep adding new domain every year. Samsung has been part of board/governance in major open source projects (Linux Foundation, EdgeX Foundry, IoTivity and more) in Industry.
This requirement is for OSG located at Samsung Research America (Mountain View) office. Leveraging the advantage of the Silicon Valley’s Tech communities, OSG in Mountain View is seeking for seasoned open source professional that can represent / contribute / maintain as a Samsung OSG member.
* Represent Samsung in Robotics open source communities
* Advisor and team player for Samsung’s development team
* Develop and execute local strategy aligned with the corporate open source strategy
* Closely work and collaborate with Open Source Group in Seoul, Korea
* Understand corporate open source strategy of Samsung and how open source can accelerate the underlying strategy
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical disciplines with 7 - 10 years of relevant experience
* Possesses a solid understanding of the components of the Robot architecture and how those components interact
* Preferred experience in ROS / ROS2 projects
* Ideal candidate will be member of Open Robotics organization
* Exposure to ROS or Robot related projects
* Experience with Engineering and architecting of Robot platform.
* Experience in production/operationalization of Robot (specifically Home Robot)
* Experience contributing to and working with open source communities
* Strong organizational skills. Must be able to handle several technologies simultaneously
* Strong communication skills. Must be able to communicate with teams located globally
* This job will be based in Mountain View and requires about 25% travel
More information about the robotics-worldwide