[robotics-worldwide] [news] Call for papers: Dependable Deep Detectors @ CVPR2019

Armando Tacchella armando.tacchella at unige.it
Sun Mar 3 13:16:16 PST 2019

*** Apologies for multiple postings ***

Submissions

This is a half-day workshop with the primary objective of bringing this
crucial aspect of safety of deep networks into the center of computer
vision discussion. Keeping this in mind, we solicit invited
contributions from the speakers as well as posters from the
participants; we will select 5 posters for 3+1 minutes of spot-light
presentation. There will also be an industrial demo session, where
participants from industry would be demonstrating their current deep-
learning based computer vision. We expect the participants to carry
their own hardware (e.g., DrivePX2 or performed on a laptop). At least
4 display screens would be provided to run these demos in a loop.

Guidelines for submissions

We solicit short papers and posters for the workshop. Submissions will
be considered in following categories:
    Abstract papers - 2 pages (without references)
    Poster papers - 6 pages (with references)

All submissions should be formatted according to the LNCS submission
guidelines, and should be submitted as Portable Document Format (PDF)
files using the Easychair submission site DThree19. Submissions will be
evaluated on quality as well as relevance to the workshop's theme. The
deadline for initial submission is 5 March, 2019 at 23:59 PDT.

All accepted papers will be presented during a poster session, and a
subset will be selected for a short oral presentation. We also plan to
have post-proceedings publication for all accepted papers; the details
would be updated by February, 2019.

To foster dialogue and collaboration between researchers, this workshop
will be designed to be as interactive as possible, with organized
discussions and informal breakout sessions. As such, a large part of
this effort is to bring together a community of robotic researchers who
are working in the area of formal methods and computer vision in the
context of modern machine learning. Ample time will be provided for
networking and informal discussions.

Important Dates

Submission Deadline: 5 March, 2019
Acceptance Notification: 20 March, 2019
Camera-ready Submission: 31 March, 2019
Workshop date: 17 June, 2019

--
Armando Tacchella

DIBRIS - Università degli Studi di Genova
Viale Causa 13, 16145 Genova - ITALY
Phone :  +39 010 3532782
         +39 010 3532150 (lab.)
Fax:     +39 320 4218822
mailto:  armando.tacchella at unige.it

"When I hear somebody sigh, 'Life is hard,'
 I am always tempted to ask, 'Compared to what?'
                          -- S.J. Harris --