[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Postdoc openings at HP-NTU Corp Lab, Singapore

Quang-Cuong Pham cuong.pham at normalesup.org
Thu Mar 7 23:08:32 PST 2019

Dear colleagues,

HP-NTU Digital Manufacturing Corporate Lab is a new joint lab between HP
Inc. and NTU. With a funding of $84 million, the Lab will focus on
digital manufacturing technologies, specifically in areas of advancing
3D printing, artificial intelligence, machine learning, new materials
and applications, cybersecurity and customization.

I am leading the robotics effort of the Lab, looking into automating the
full 3D printing pipeline, which comprises multiple steps such as
picking, cleaning, assembling, polishing, painting, etc. 3D printed
parts. I am looking for several postdoctoral researchers to drive this
research effort, in the following broad fields:
- robot perception (based or not on Deep Learning)
- motion planning
- robot control
- manipulation

Detailed information on our previous work can be found at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.ntu.edu.sg_home_cuong_&d=DwIC-g&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=NItbm5AvX1RMROYETl8e6iQut05RHpSUVhyoY_JfChA&s=zgW7TjkeVvvGfVvwxtikavpY63eYuBCV_ohj1HxL1Y4&e=. We publish regularly in major
robotics venues (Science Robotics, IJRR, IEEE TRO, RSS, ICRA, IROS,
etc.), and our research has been covered by major international media,
including The New York Times, The Guardian, The Economist, CNN, Science,
Nature, etc. The successful applicants will be fully integrated in our
team, while working in close collaboration with HP researchers and
engineers based in Singapore and Palo Alto, California.

Interested candidates are invited to send a CV and three of their most
significant publications and/or software projects (e.g. Github repo) to
cuong at ntu.edu.sg.

Applications are reviewed immediately and until the positions are
filled. If you are attending ICRA 2019 in Montreal, don't hesitate to
drop me an email to arrange a meeting during the conference.

Best regards,
Cuong

--
Quang-Cuong Pham