[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] - Sevensense Opportunity - C++ Software Developer

Renaud Dubé renaud.dube at sevensense.ch
Fri Mar 8 03:00:59 PST 2019

Position: C++ Software Developer
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

*About us*

Sevensense is committed to helping industries achieve new levels of
efficiency by pushing the frontiers of mobile robotics. Our team in Zurich
develops and delivers both software and hardware, providing a complete
solution to the robot navigation problem. We strongly believe that the
robustness and precision of our algorithms are key for enabling autonomous
navigation in complex environments shared with humans.

*About the Job*

Having closed significant funding, we are looking for a passionate
individual to join us and speed up the development of the Sevensense core
technology. As a key member of a small and versatile team, you will help us
deploying cutting-edge algorithms on computationally limited mobile
platforms which will soon be introduced into the market. Specifically, you
will be responsible for porting our core C++ codebase from Intel to ARM
architecture with a focus on speeding up the existing code on the target
platforms. This will require low and high level code optimizations in order
to allow our robots to operate in real-time. The ideal candidate should
demonstrate initiative and have a strong desire for solving exciting and
challenging engineering problems.

*Responsibilities*

 - Perform code optimizations for deployment on computationally limited
platforms.
 - Perform comprehensive C++ profiling to detect performance bottlenecks
and setup continuous performance monitoring.
 - Produce high-quality C++ code and participate in the continuous
development of a large code-base.
 - Collaborate with a cross-functional engineering team for integrating
your solutions into products.
 - Help shape both the Sevensense core technology and business culture.

*Qualifications*

 - Relevant engineering experience in developing, optimizing and debugging
C++ code.
 - Experience with C++ profiling tools (e.g. valgrind or gperftools).
 - Knowledge of ARM specific assembly instructions (e.g. NEON) is a plus.
 - Experience with computer vision algorithms and ROS is a plus.
 - Team player excited about working in a dynamic startup environment.

*Our offer*

 - A unique opportunity to join at an early stage and actively take part in
the development of our business and team culture.
 - Collaborating with some of the best robotics  and SW engineers for
building an exciting technology company.
 - Competitive compensation plan.
 - A friendly and motivated team to share both hard work and fun with.

If you would like to apply for this role, please email your CV, transcripts
and references to career at sevensense.ch. Visit us online for more
information: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sevensense.ch_-23careers&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=1LtaTcPg43Gc5s9C4xiNMBNPQzRTNtE_h7oeBSEzWJw&s=tm66vuAaG7P7XEKSp4EWe2UREV4CYpDA6aDYKUEhpGE&e= and
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.linkedin.com_company_sevensense-2Drobotics_&d=DwIFaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=1LtaTcPg43Gc5s9C4xiNMBNPQzRTNtE_h7oeBSEzWJw&s=KUDqoNh4CvUEwMNCjX3i6_-yrAn_iFhHvUJ-wRj8Cvg&e=

--

*Renaud Dubé*
Robotics Engineer & Co-Founder

*Sevensense Robotics AG*