[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Backend Software Engineer for Exoskeletons - Roam

Tim Swift tim at otherlab.com
Fri Mar 8 11:08:58 PST 2019

*About Roam*
At our core, we are a mobility company. Our goal is to reinvent the way we
make powered orthotics -- otherwise known as exoskeletons -- making them
inexpensive, comfortable, and safe for home use.  We believe that we can
help people stay mobile longer, get injured less frequently, and overall do
more. We are developing a new class of exoskeleton that uses high strength
fabrics and a pneumatic powertrain, resulting in power to weight ratios
that are unmatched by existing exoskeleton systems at a significantly lower
cost. Our first product is a skiing device to help people get more out of
their skiing experience, whether that is augmenting safety, endurance, or
capability. We are looking for smart, motivated engineers and designers to
help develop the software to make this technology possible. More
information about Roam can be found at www.roamrobotics.com.

We are seeking highly motivated and adaptable individuals who will explore
the peaks and valleys of all problems that may come up while building a new
generation of robots for everyday life.

Position
This is a full time position working at the Roam facility in San Francisco.
You will work with our software teams to develop, validate, and deploy the
backend software for our early product platforms. This position will have a
significant impact on this emerging technology as we design, develop, and
produce the next generation of wearable robots. We expect you to excel at
the following responsibilities:

- Ground-up development of tools and databases to store information
collected from our devices to provide useful metrics for our users
- Communicate with our firmware, machine learning, and mobile developers to
design the API and services

We are seeking highly motivated and adaptable individuals who will explore
the peaks and valleys of all problems that may come up, while building a
new generation of robots for everyday life.

If you could be a fit for this position, we'd love to hear from you. Please
apply through our website at www.roamrobotics.com/jobs.

*Required*
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work independently as needed
- Experience building backend systems from the ground up
- Experience developing scalable solutions with clean APIs
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Able to deliver quality work in a dynamic startup environment
- Ability to relocate to work at the Roam San Francisco office

*Bonus Points*
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Crafted tools for analysis of databases
- Understanding of machine learning applications around data analysis and
classifiers
- Experience working with cloud technologies
- Strong preference given people available immediately
- US Citizen or permanent resident (Please specify your citizenship status
in your resume)

We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.