[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] IJCAI 2019 Robot Exhibition - Call for Expressions of Interest
francesco.amigoni at polimi.it
Wed Mar 20 03:29:16 PDT 2019
(Please apologize for multiple postings.)
IJCAI 2019 Robot Exhibition
Call for Expressions of Interest
*** Note new deadline: April 21, 2019 ***
We are pleased to present the call for expressions of interest in the IJCAI 2019 Robot Exhibition. IJCAI is the major conference of the worldwide AI community, and the Robot Exhibition will run alongside its technical program (August 10-16 2019, Macao, China).
Robots are a central focus of AI research and development, providing preeminent examples of where intelligent abilities are necessary to cope with complex tasks and environments. On the one hand, developing intelligent robot systems involves challenging open research questions in AI. On the other hand, AI methods are gaining increasing interest and applicability in contexts which involve the use of robots, in industries, services, space, and several other domains.
This exhibition offers a prime space for exposing both achieved results and new opportunities for the use of AI in Robotics to a large audience of qualified AI researchers, both from academia and from industry, and seeks to involve both academic and industrial actors interested in the combination of AI and Robotics. This exhibition will thus provide an outstanding opportunity for universities, research organisations, and companies to show their research on the world stage.
At present, we are seeking expressions of interest for:
• demonstrations and exhibits by universities, research organisations, or companies;
• proposals for robot competitions.
In keeping with the robotics exhibitions at past editions of IJCAI, expressions of interest will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
• Relevance: What is the relevance of the shown demonstration/competition to AI?
• Understandability: How amenable is the showcase to technical and non-technical audience?
Expressions of interest should include:
• A short description of the proposing group/company.
• A description of the robotic technology to be demonstrated, with reference to the two criteria above.
• The minimum amount of space needed to perform the demonstration/competition (e.g., the number and size of tables, the size of the arena if required, etc.).
• The minimum amount of time needed to perform the demonstration/competition.
• Details of required resources (e.g., Internet connection, electric power plugs, etc.).
Selected proposals will be provided the required exhibition space at the conference venue for a suitable period of time during the conference technical program. Note that attending the IJCAI conference is not required.
Expressions of interest should be submitted by email to the Robot Exhibition chairs (see below) no later than April 21, 2019.
=== Important dates
Submission of expressions of interest: April 21, 2019.
Notification of acceptance: May 20, 2019.
=== Robot Exhibition chairs
Xiaoping Chen (xpchen at ustc.edu.cn)
Francesco Amigoni (francesco.amigoni at polimi.it)
=== Confidentiality policy
All submissions will be treated in strict confidence.
Francesco Amigoni, Ph.D.
Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Laboratory
Dipartimento di Elettronica, Informazione e Bioingegneria
Politecnico di Milano
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci, 32
I-20133 Milano (MI), Italy
Voice: +39 02 2399-3475
Fax: +39 02 2399-3411
Email: francesco.amigoni at polimi.it
More information about the robotics-worldwide