[robotics-worldwide] [Meetings] New conference on Learning for Dynamics and Control (l4dc.org)

George J. Pappas pappasg at seas.upenn.edu
Sat Mar 30 05:40:01 PDT 2019

New conference on Learning for Dynamics and Control (l4dc.org <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__l4dc.org_&d=DwMFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=yrwCnQCdCfkpciUQDHnTt5Xkp9Ht7BrWQk7eKf0-CLI&s=Z5xZf2hkKHoXfq5yq4uRR4mI3FWM_wuhmmE8R_yT588&e=>)

Massachusetts Institute of Technology, May 30-31, 2019

Over the past few years, machine learning has had tremendous impact in numerous applications such as computer vision and language translation.   Over the next decade, the biggest generator of data is expected to be devices which sense and control the physical world. The explosion of data that is emerging from the physical world requires a rapprochement of areas such as machine learning, control theory, and optimization and related areas.

In order to achieve this, we are launching a new conference on Learning for Dynamics and Control (L4DC) which will take place on May 30-31, 2019 at MIT. The goal is to bring together researchers interested in learning for dynamics and control and to create a new community that thinks rigorously across the disciplines and poses new, broad reaching challenges. We feel this could be a very influential event that can bring these distinct communities together.

During this first inaugural conference, the technical program will be assembled by invitation only, while in the future the program will consist of contributed papers and posters. We have an exciting list of invited speakers across many disciplines on the interface between learning, dynamics, and control.

Confirmed Invited Speakers

Anima Anandkumar	California Institute of Technology
Francesco Borrelli	        UC Berkeley
Emma Brunskill		Stanford University
Anca Dragan		        UC Berkeley
Maryam Fazel		        University of Washington
Sham Kakade		        University of Washington
Zico Kolter			CMU
Andreas Krause		ETH Zurich
Sergey Levine		        UC Berkeley
Manfred Morari		University of Pennsylvania
Dorsa Sadigh		        Stanford University
Angela Schoellig		University of Toronto
Stefano Soatto		UCLA
Russ Tedrake		        MIT
Emo Todorov		        University of Washington
John Tsitsiklis		        MIT
Rene Vidal		        John Hopkins University
Cathy Wu			MIT

Poster Sessions

In addition to the invited speakers, the technical program will contain two invited poster sessions from a broad spectrum of researchers.

Conference Registration

We invite the community to register and attend this inaugural event.
Registration details are available at the conference website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__l4dc.mit.edu_registration_&d=DwIFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=NN-KydwOUyXSlSHK8-ckgc-p3A3H9shziR-c5C-an70&s=DdadXjgRI0FgPAbWbVfk34y8v10uI7dIx8wzt5XPpAQ&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__l4dc.mit.edu_registration_&d=DwMFAg&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=0w3solp5fswiyWF2RL6rSs8MCeFamFEPafDTOhgTfYI&m=yrwCnQCdCfkpciUQDHnTt5Xkp9Ht7BrWQk7eKf0-CLI&s=LhPhfqRMD6o6kORtptYfNCSwuSU7lyi5F6g__zYKrys&e=>
Given the demand for this research topic, we encourage you to register early.

Conference Sponsors

National Science Foundation
Office of Naval Research
Army Research Office
Air Force Office of Scientific Research

Conference Organizers

Ali Jadbabaie,         MIT
George J. Pappas,  University of Pennsylvania
Pablo Parrilo,          MIT
Ben Recht,              UC Berkeley
Melanie Zellinger,   ETH Zurich