[robotics-worldwide] [news] DIODE: A Dense Indoor and Outdoor DEpth Dataset

Matthew Walter mwalter at ttic.edu
Tue Mar 3 07:24:44 PST 2020

We are pleased to announce the release of the DIODE (Dense Indoor and Outdoor DEpth) Dataset (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://diode-dataset.org__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!69dfgfWI1khdiJXI_wIShmFCKWqhyEJSz3FWNjdqXZ4xGcOLBNNW04hCDIqfjz5Rl0wsvvxP$ ) that contains thousands of diverse high-resolution color images with accurate, dense, far-range depth measurements. It is the first public dataset to include RGBD images of indoor and outdoor scenes obtained with one sensor suite.

We believe that the dataset will be useful to researchers interested in 3D scene perception from monocular visual input. The quality of the 3D measurements allows users to not only produce depth maps of unprecedented density and resolution, but also to derive surface normals with a level of accuracy not possible with existing datasets.

We hope that the robotics community will find the dataset to be beneficial.

Best,
Matt Walter

--
Matthew R. Walter