[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Two PhD openings at University of Twente: model-based control of locomotion and balance in robotic prosthetic legs

Massimo Sartori massimo.srt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 11:50:23 PST 2020

The Neuro-Mechanical Modeling and Engineering Lab at the University of
Twente has two PhD openings to work within the newly funded MSCA Innovative
Training Network SimBionics.

The openings are about developing real-time neuro-mechanical models for the
control of robotic bionic legs to improve locomotion (PhD opening 1)
and balance (PhD
opening 2) in transfemoral and transtibial amputees.

*We offer two *ambitious 4-year positions, extraordinary research
facilities and working environment. This is a unique opportunity to gain
experience both in accademia and in industry with 18 months planned at
world-leading company OttoBock (Germany) and visits at Aalborg University
(Denmark). Please, apply via the link below no later than March 29th, 2020.

   - *PhD1: *https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://bit.ly/bionic_locomotion__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!6BDGNA1fabW5Dg70_Pc6vqTPra7vgeFFV3L7xfB-02cWtVrjDscOk4eal6k5Tr3THFi6ZV1Z$
   - *PhD2: *https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://bit.ly/bionic_balance__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!6BDGNA1fabW5Dg70_Pc6vqTPra7vgeFFV3L7xfB-02cWtVrjDscOk4eal6k5Tr3THGXJ0azs$

The project SOPHIA aims at developing a novel robotic control scheme to
mimic the mechanical and somatosensory function of biological limbs that
can provide better interfaces for current and future robotic prostheses. You
will receive training to improve your research skills as well as your
entrepreneurial and technological skills by developing a cross-sector
mind-set that will allow you to bring cutting-edge scientific achievements
to the market.

The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High
tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology
which leads change, innovation and progress in society. We have a strong
focus on personal development and researchers are given scope for carrying
out groundbreaking science.

---
Massimo Sartori, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Head of Neuromechanical Modelling and Engineering Lab

Department of Biomechanical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering Technology
TechMed Centre
University of Twente

Building Horsting ¬ Room W106 ¬ P.O. Box 217
7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
Personal Web: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://people.utwente.nl/m.sartori__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!6BDGNA1fabW5Dg70_Pc6vqTPra7vgeFFV3L7xfB-02cWtVrjDscOk4eal6k5Tr3THC3cWvP8$
Lab Web: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.utwente.nl/en/et/be/research/neuro-mech-eng-group/__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!6BDGNA1fabW5Dg70_Pc6vqTPra7vgeFFV3L7xfB-02cWtVrjDscOk4eal6k5Tr3THF47uzuM$