[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] ANYbotics: VP Software Engineering

Péter Fankhauser pfankhauser at anybotics.com
Tue Mar 10 10:46:26 PDT 2020

At ANYbotics, we develop autonomous legged robots to meet the most advanced requirements in industrial applications. Extending our leadership team, we are seeking a VP of Software Engineering to lead our software development in delivering best-in-class robotics products. Learn more about this exciting opportunity in the job description.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobs.lever.co/anybotics/839feaef-9c30-4f0e-addd-4a70b0751d36__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!7mGL0Zk4ZKvQvFRk6yYn2XWqdxNFaCo5YoO5X3_PatcTnq14kVmGm60FPkDA2QcMTuvIXchE$

Open Position: VP Software Engineering (Zurich, Switzerland)

ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech startup dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 45 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.

— The Opportunity

As Vice President of Software Engineering, you will lead our software development in delivering best-in-class robotics products. Your responsibility will be to build, structure, mentor, and manage our software teams and, as part of the leadership team, be involved in shaping the overall company strategy. You will shape the software architecture and develop the technical roadmap for all software projects in order to deliver scalable solutions for industrial robot deployment.

— The Team

As VP Software Engineering you will directly report to the CEO and closely collaborate with the CTO and the VP Hardware Engineering. You will be responsible for a growing team of 20+ software developers with three team leads reporting to you. We live an entrepreneurial culture and develop innovative and high-quality products. We are enthusiastic about our work and put a lot of energy and persistence into achieving our goals. We collaborate across teams and nurture a “best idea wins”-environment.

— Our Technology

ANYbotics develops the quadrupedal robot ANYmal for inspection in challenging industrial environments. ANYmal is equipped with powerful actuators, custom electronics, and state-of-the-art perception sensors (LIDAR, stereo cameras, GPS) to navigate through complex environments. We develop a full-stack robotics software framework with core locomotion and navigation algorithms, mapping and localization pipelines, mission setup and user interface tools. We closely collaborate with research partners and universities and actively publish and participate in open-source software.

— Your Profile

 * 8+ years of professional experience in software engineering
 * 4+ years in a leadership role
 * Master or Doctorate in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent
 * Demonstrated track record in building commercial-grade client-based software, preferably for industrial applications
 * Broad expertise in software security, deployment, quality, scalability, and maintenance
 * Strong organizational leadership and communication skills
 * Experience in recruiting and mentoring engineers and developing high-performance teams
 * Entrepreneurial mind and enthusiasm to contribute to leadership and culture
 * Preferably experience in robotics-related fields (e.g., control, planning, perception, state estimation, mapping, navigation, computer vision, A.I.)

We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a young and ambitious team, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary and a job in the city of Zurich.

Applications: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jobs.lever.co/anybotics/839feaef-9c30-4f0e-addd-4a70b0751d36__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!7mGL0Zk4ZKvQvFRk6yYn2XWqdxNFaCo5YoO5X3_PatcTnq14kVmGm60FPkDA2QcMTuvIXchE$

Dr. Péter Fankhauser
CEO & Co-Founder

ANYbotics AG
Hagenholzstrasse 83a
8050 Zurich, Switzerland

https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.anybotics.com__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!7mGL0Zk4ZKvQvFRk6yYn2XWqdxNFaCo5YoO5X3_PatcTnq14kVmGm60FPkDA2QcMTpTe9lL9$
LinkedIn / Twitter / YouTube / Instagram / Facebook