[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Industrial PhD Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher opportunity
Jose.Gonzalez at ottobock.de
Tue Mar 10 10:49:26 PDT 2020
Within the framework of the funded Marie Skłodowska Curie SimBionics project, we are looking for an Early Stage Researcher (m/f/d) in Prosthetics and Robotics
To explore novel quantitative methods, metrics and technologies that allow for a more comprehensive assessment of the impact of a lower limb prosthesis on an amputee user. For this, you will:
* Learn and understand current methods and instruments for clinical research of medical products.
* Investigate the effects of different prosthetic devices on the whole-body musculoskeletal system of an amputee.
* Investigate the functional, cognitive and psychological impact of sensory feedback during locomotion and balancing as a function of amputation level and mobility grade.
* Develop holistic and patient-tailored methods and metrics to assess the overall impact of a sensate lower limb prosthesis on an amputee.
Requirements, Skills and Qualifications
* Must have had less than four years full-time equivalent research experience and must not have already obtained a PhD. Additionally, they must not have resided in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the start of appointment.
* Master Degree or equivalent in biomedical engineering, electronic engineering, computer science, or equivalent
* Knowledge and experience in biomechanics, lower limb prostheses and musculoskeletal simulation software
* Practical experience in the application of wearable sensors and optoelectronic systems for the recording and analysis of human motion
* Highly skilled in at least one of the following languages: C, C++, C#, Python, or Java
* Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written), German is a plus.
* Independent, self-motivated, structured and goal-oriented style of working
Please apply in the following link: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://stellenangebote.ottobock.de/cgi-bin/appl/selfservice.pl?action=jobdetail;job_pub_nr=31F0614A-2D84-45FA-8FA4-10DD55D62165;p=homepage__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!6izKmU_LP9Yg7SlENSPwrYNQ_t84LGkqMu4tfL-nwL07InhyBoduwuKJ0ehN5gR2OikEZ8JE$ <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__urldefense.com_v3_-5F-5Fhttps-3A__stellenangebote.ottobock.de_cgi-2Dbin_appl_selfservice.pl-3Faction-3Djobdetail-3Bjob-5Fpub-5Fnr-3D31F0614A-2D2D84-2D45FA-2D8FA4-2D10DD55D62165-3Bp-3Dhomepage-5F-5F-3B-21-21LIr3w8kk-5FXxm-214gV8ypjwgyuaWJDcLPo-5FWk7U-2D9WrXgQ6R6Kydf2QXVjW6bLQ43nthOyZoKomI1pnIT2hGBfU-24&d=DwMFBA&c=G_uvuljycs7IYV3ftkq6UMsDPO4vdIPhupQrz1CIXxA&r=vW3DOSvyu4aDgkYxgeKrq63Y7TyeVHodkGg4xcEOFdw&m=PjogmKyurCqWAqJJUBN05ACBtGsbKhDmMHyO2dqJwfY&s=2a4rWy38Vw6R0qzS44qLyv0CUh2PME99wD95wuoe7QI&e=>
About the project:
The SimBionics project aims at developing a novel control scheme to mimic the mechanical and somatosensory function of biological limbs that can provide better interfaces for current and future products. For this purpose, the project will develop a real-time, closed-loop and biomimetic control framework for bionic legs.
During the project, you will have the chance to build up your capacity of developing successful innovations, improve your entrepreneurial and technological skills and develop a cross-sector mind-set that allows you to bring cutting-edge scientific achievements to the market.
About the program:
As an Early Stage Researcher of the Marie Skłodowska Curie European Industrial Doctorate you will have the chance to experience both the industrial and the academic world, while enrolled in a PhD program from Aalborg University. It is important to take into account that this position requires you to move between countries during the project. You will have to physically move between the industrial (Germany) and the academic partner country (Denmark).
The candidates are required to meet the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Early-Stage Researcher eligibility criteria. Therefore, the candidates must have had less than four years full-time equivalent research experience and must not have already obtained a PhD. Additionally, they must not have resided in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the start of appointment.
Dr. Ing. Jose Gonzalez-Vargas
Research & Innovation Manager, Global Research
More information about the robotics-worldwide