[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] - Sevensense Opportunity - Mechanical Engineer

Renaud Dubé renaud.dube at sevensense.ch
Fri Mar 13 02:38:20 PDT 2020

Position: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

At Sevensense we push the frontiers of mobile robotics. Our mission is to
unlock new levels of productivity for entire industries by making robots
navigate smarter than ever before. Equipped with our technology, robots can
autonomously navigate in dynamic indoor and outdoor environments such as
airports, supermarkets, warehouses and train stations.

We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated mechanical engineer
who is passionate about iterative design, prototyping and high-quality
hardware. With your creativity and mechanical design skills, you will help
us develop and optimize all components of a non-military robotic product,
including drivetrain, structure, wheel mounts, pivoting mechanisms, sensor
mounts, etc. You will have the opportunity to prototype in the workshop and
work with 3D-printing and other manufacturing processes. The selected
candidate will have the chance to join a fun and dedicated team for
developing the next generation of mobile robots.

*Your mission*
 - Collaborate with talented engineers to design and develop an autonomous
ground robot.
 - Create and maintain CAD models & technical drawings of the full system.
 - Iterate on the designs for optimizing durability, performance and costs.
 - Troubleshoot hardware issues, design and implement corrective solutions.
 - Support the assembly of robots and their deployment in the real world.

*Your story*
 - Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, a similar field
of studies or equivalent experience.
 - CAD modelling experience including 3D-printable & milled machining part
design, technical drawing and FEM analysis.
 - Out-of-the-box thinking and a taste for good design.
 - Hands-on experience for prototyping hardware in a workshop.
 - Basic electrical knowledge (eg. soldering & cabling), PCB design is a
plus.
 - Knowledge of other robotics branches or a curiosity to learn about them,
for example sensors, controls, embedded software development (C++, Python,
CAN, ROS).

*Our offer*
 - Endless possibilities to grow and learn a lot within a startup
environment.
 - A unique opportunity to join at an early stage and take part in the
development of our business and team culture.
 - Flexibility in working hours and work-from-home options.
 - A cozy office in the heart of Zurich shared with friendly robots.
 - Never ending coffee supply and chocolate-mondays.
 - Exciting team events and short trips.

If you are enthusiastic about bringing Sevensense to the next level,
curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our fast growing
startup send us your application to career at sevensense.ch. We are interested
in intellectually curious and highly motivated candidates so please reach
out to us if you have questions or feel unsure about some requirements.
Visit us online for more information: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sevensense.ch/*careers__;Iw!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!6iPNmljF-OOGf1xzX2va28Vwcn9Z0-KNhOoZhRfOEjae1GNqTBDMyI5n9-5tpwwqKoLisVqD$  and
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/company/sevensense-robotics/__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!6iPNmljF-OOGf1xzX2va28Vwcn9Z0-KNhOoZhRfOEjae1GNqTBDMyI5n9-5tpwwqKkhGcoTg$

Equality of opportunity is exceptionally important to us. We attract and
retain the best qualified individual available regardless of their personal
or social background.

--

*Renaud Dubé*
Technology Lead & Co-Founder