[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] - Sevensense Opportunity - Electrical/FPGA Design Engineer

Renaud Dubé renaud.dube at sevensense.ch
Fri Mar 13 02:43:43 PDT 2020

Position: Electrical/FPGA Design Engineer
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

At Sevensense we push the frontiers of mobile robotics. Our mission is to
unlock new levels of productivity for entire industries by making robots
navigate smarter than ever before. Equipped with our technology, robots can
autonomously navigate in dynamic indoor and outdoor environments such as
airports, supermarkets, warehouses and train stations.

We are now looking for a passionate individual to join our team and speed
up the development of the Sevensense core technology. You will be
responsible for designing new electronics for our hardware products as well
as the software to operate them, using state-of-the-art technologies and
interfaces. A successful candidate has excellent skills in electronics
design, a good understanding of modern digital electronics and experience
in development through to production.

*Your mission*
 - Designing schematics and PCBs incorporating specialized hardware devices
such as cameras, IMUs, motor drivers, etc.
 - Select modeling and testing methodologies for validation of components,
hardware designs and thermal/emission management.
 - Optimizing systems for reliability, manufacturability and cost.
 - Development of C++ code for the hardware/software interface boundary.
 - Collaborate with a cross-functional engineering team for integrating
your solutions into products.

*Your story*
 - Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar, experience in electrical,
firmware and system level design.
 - Experience in at least two of the following areas:
 - FPGA development and verification using Verilog and/or VHDL.
 - PCB software (KiCad, Altium etc.), design of multi-layered boards.
 - C++ development and embedded software development.
 - Linux kernel and Linux kernel device drivers for PCI devices.
 - Prior experience with camera chips and IMUs is a plus.
 - Team player excited about working in a dynamic startup environment.
 - Proactive working manner with good problem solving skills.

*Our offer*
 - Endless possibilities to grow and learn a lot within a startup
environment.
 - A unique opportunity to join at an early stage and take part in the
development of our business and team culture.
 - Flexibility in working time and work-from-home options.
 - A cozy office in the heart of Zurich shared with friendly robots.
 - Never ending coffee supply and chocolate Mondays.
 - A competitive package including a stock option plan.
 - Exciting team events and short trips.

If you are enthusiastic about bringing Sevensense to the next level,
curious about the opportunity and want to be part of our fast growing
startup send us your application to career at sevensense.ch. We are interested
in intellectually curious and highly motivated candidates so please reach
out to us if you have questions or feel unsure about some requirements.
Visit us online for more information: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://sevensense.ch/*careers__;Iw!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!8sM_80tS8-fzjXDYf_iGMtLpp8Fe6Kqd_XZj9XXk-pqz0nVmryRZj1J2OKqpHIh6hdSii4HC$  and
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/company/sevensense-robotics/__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!8sM_80tS8-fzjXDYf_iGMtLpp8Fe6Kqd_XZj9XXk-pqz0nVmryRZj1J2OKqpHIh6hX4l1A6u$

--

*Renaud Dubé*