[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Open positions in human-machine interaction at Imperial College London
j.eden at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Mar 13 06:11:43 PDT 2020
At the human robotics group at Imperial College London (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.imperial.ac.uk/human-robotics__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!83_rHhzYiOsdsjj3ZWCJoUDJ-HvOF6Eg9zbKEzWKWjwJAygFPiICH-OJx4ZOxZE4Zu7o1rgt$ ) we use an integrative approach of neuroscience and robotics to investigate human sensorimotor control, and to design efficient human-human interaction, assistive devices and training systems for neuro-rehabilitation.
We have openings for 5 postdoctoral and 2 PhD positions for projects related to:
- haptic communication between humans and with robots, and modelling based on game theory (see Takagi et al. Nature Human Behaviour 2017, PLoS Computational Biology 2018, eLife 2019; Li et al. Nature Machine Intelligence 2019, EC H2020 CONBOTS, in collaboration with Y Li at U Sussex, https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.sussex.ac.uk/profiles/421198__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!83_rHhzYiOsdsjj3ZWCJoUDJ-HvOF6Eg9zbKEzWKWjwJAygFPiICH-OJx4ZOxZE4ZiXjYObZ$ )
- sensorimotor augmentation and control of supernumerary limbs (see Abdi et al. Scientific Reports 2016; Mehring et al. Nature Communication 2019; EC H2020 NIMA)
- data driven neuromechanics modelling for patient specific therapy (EC H2020 REHYB<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/871767__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!83_rHhzYiOsdsjj3ZWCJoUDJ-HvOF6Eg9zbKEzWKWjwJAygFPiICH-OJx4ZOxZE4ZsFAiDTX$ >)
- predictive haptic coding in animals and for robotics (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ph-coding.eu/__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!83_rHhzYiOsdsjj3ZWCJoUDJ-HvOF6Eg9zbKEzWKWjwJAygFPiICH-OJx4ZOxZE4ZjF9lHf4$ )
development of neural activity in infants born preterm and with cerebral palsy (see DallOrso et al. Cerebral Cortex 2018, Mutalib et al. J of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation 2019)
- technology for social neurorehabilitation (Mace et al. J of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation 2017, UK i4i NIHR)
- interface for space robotics (see https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.fairspacehub.org/__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!83_rHhzYiOsdsjj3ZWCJoUDJ-HvOF6Eg9zbKEzWKWjwJAygFPiICH-OJx4ZOxZE4ZvHkSf7e$ ), including design of a suit to work in space and the development of a teleoperation system appropriate to human-robot interaction in space.
Interested applicants with suitable background(s) can submit a CV and < 1 page of motivation for such a position to <j.eden at imperial.ac.uk<mailto:j.eden at imperial.ac.uk>> with the title "HRG position: <your name>". You can also ask for further information at the same address.
Suitable backgrounds for Ph.D. applicants may be in physics, robotics, computer science, machine learning or related engineering fields. Note that the funding is only for the EU/EEA/UK level of fees for PhD studies at Imperial. However candidates from outside the EU are welcome to apply if they have suitable complementary funding.
We are looking in particular for postdocs with a strong background in computational modelling, statistical analysis or mechatronics. These postdocs will have the opportunity to work with our worldwide network of collaborators and to be involved in the guiding of PhD students in their respective projects.
I look forward to your application!
More information about the robotics-worldwide