[robotics-worldwide] [meetings][CFP] Robotics Retrospectives Workshop @ RSS 2020

Akshara Rai akshara.rai at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 15:44:26 PDT 2020

Call for Abstracts

===============

RSS 2020 Workshop on Robotics Retrospectives

Location: Corvallis, Oregon, USA

Date: July 12, 2020

Important Dates

--------------------------

April 9   - Submission deadline (AoE time)

April 23 - Notification of acceptance

April 30 - Camera ready deadline

July 13  - Workshop

Description

--------------------------

The aim of this workshop is to take a step back from pushing new results at
an ever-increasing rate and reflect on what the state of the art is and how
we got here. Typically researchers are incentivized to present their
research results from the best possible angle. However, we all know that
most results come with caveats and some ‘magic’. In this workshop we
encourage researchers to either take a retrospective on their own work,
highlighting both strengths as well as limitations in an open manner, or
create a meta-analysis on how a subarea of robotics developed over the
years, and why it has developed that way. Both retrospectives are meant to
spark open discussions, increase awareness of limitations, and distribute
‘dark magic’ knowledge across researchers.

Submission

--------------------------

We solicit 2+ pages extended abstracts (excluding citations and
supplemental material) conforming to the official RSS style guidelines.
Submissions can include archived or previously accepted work (please make a
note of this in the submission; if necessary we may take this into
consideration for the acceptance decision). Reviewing will be single blind.
All accepted contributions will be presented in interactive poster
sessions. A subset of accepted contributions will be featured in the
workshop as spotlight presentations.

Submission link:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://openreview.net/group?id=roboticsfoundation.org*RSS*2020*Workshop*RobRetro__;Ly8vLw!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!6s83EQoW0kZVgFBxIixZoztIsnhlBClm-TgKg5c-sOlj4UZI16aub2xNEYkYfTCtujPT64f6$

Organizers

Franziska Meier (FAIR)

Akshara Rai (FAIR)

Arunkumar Byravan (DeepMind)