[robotics-worldwide] [meetings] Call for Papers - ECCV2020 Workshop - Beyond mAP: Reassessing the Evaluation of Object Detectors - Call for Papers
d20.hall at qut.edu.au
Tue Mar 17 19:10:43 PDT 2020
Call for Papers: ECCV 2020 Workshop - Beyond mAP: Reassessing the Evaluation of Object Detectors
This workshop assesses current evaluation procedures for object detection, highlights their shortcomings and opens discussion for possible improvements.
Through a focus on evaluation using challenges, the object detection community has been able to quickly identify which methods are effective by examining performance metrics. However, as this technological boom progresses, it is important to assess whether our evaluation metrics and procedures adequately align with how object detection will be used in practical applications such as robotics. Quantitative results should be easily reconciled with a detector’s performance in applied tasks. This workshop provides a forum to discuss these ideas and evaluate whether current standards meet the needs of the object detection community.
Call for Papers
We invite authors to contribute papers to the workshop. Topics of interest comprise, but are not limited to:
* New evaluation measures/metrics for object detection
* New evaluation/visualization tools to analyze object detection systems
* New evaluation procedures for better understanding object detection performance
* Examinations of current evaluation procedures
* New datasets designed to examine specific challenges in object detection
* New detection methods that provide contributions/insights unrewarded by current evaluation procedures (e.g. improved detector calibration, probabilistic object detection, etc.)
* Submissions must follow the ECCV format and be up to 4 pages in length including references
* It is accepted if this is an abbreviated version of a larger paper published elsewhere if properly referenced
* Submit your paper through CMT (link<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/BMREOD2020__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!5tVNmxEB2Y3dkAg4frXkQeZrk6NmIbHtDB4o-4xxu582SdyNsK36JbJ4KuCmEM9HrSJFYmgb$ >)
* Accepted papers will be presented at a poster session
Note on PrOD Competition
You may also be accepted to present your work at our conference if you perform well on the 3rd Probabilistic Object Detection (PrOD) Challenge.
This is a computer vision challenge designed to be more applicable for robotics applications where competitors must operate using video data, unusual viewing angles, and where you must estimate your spatial and semantic uncertainty.
Details can be found at the workshop website as well as the main competition page below.
If you have any questions about the workshop or the challenge don't hesitate to get in contact.
Dr David Hall
Robotic Vision Benchmarking and Evaluation Project
Australian Centre for Robotic Vision
Queensland University of Technology
e-mail: d20.hall at qut.edu.au
Phone: +61 7 31380656
ORCiD: 0000-0002-5520-0128<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5520-0128__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!5tVNmxEB2Y3dkAg4frXkQeZrk6NmIbHtDB4o-4xxu582SdyNsK36JbJ4KuCmEM9HrSgSnOUG$ >
More information about the robotics-worldwide