[robotics-worldwide] [Jobs] Fully Funded PhD and Postdoc Positions - Bio-inspired Robotics and Flight Control

Sridhar_Ravi lnpsivan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 01:22:10 PDT 2020

UNSW Canberra is offering scholarships for international research candidates
of exceptional potential to undertake a higher degree by research.

**Successful students will receive full waiver of tuition fees and a
generous 35kAUD/year. *

Motivated candidates interested in:

*Animal-robot hybrids

Collective behavior of animals and robots

Flight control of lighter-than-air miniature flyers (micro blimps)

or related topics are encouraged to apply. **

We are a multidisciplinary research group spanning across
mechanical/aerospace engineering with expertise in biological sciences as
well. One of the central themes of the group includes seeking inspiration
from nature by trying to understand the salient design and locomotion
strategies of biological systems (birds, insects and fish) and use those as
prototypical or inspired solutions for artificial platforms.

PhD students in our group will gain exposure and training in both
experimental and computational techniques relating to various
sub-disciplines including flight-control, neurobiology, fluid mechanics,
etc. We are currently looking for students with various backgrounds
including mechanical and aerospace engineering, computer science and
physics. Students with background in neurobiology and field ecology training
may also be considered subject to meeting pre-requisites. Please reach out
to Dr Sridhar Ravi (sridhar.ravi at adfa.edu.au) for more information

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://research.unsw.edu.au/people/dr-sridhar-ravi__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!5m-Bk-6W-3ifJeZAHRON-WHJjtMB_eCf7xGCe2E2_6poL4GiMEYk3xo35LkMul-UPB4Mzl73$

Interested Postdocs: Please contact Dr Ravi via email.

Other reasons to choose UNSW Canberra include:

Top World Ranking -The University is ranked 46th in the 2015 QS World
University Rankings. Research Leaders - For 2015, UNSW researchers won the
highest amount of funding in Australia from the Australian Research Council
(ARC). Top Choice - UNSW graduates are the most hired by Linkedin’s top 30
most
in-demand employers in 2015

Research Excellence - The 2012 Excellence in Research for Australia Report
recognised UNSW in the Excellence in Research for Australia Report as "above
or well above" world standard.

Pursuing a PhD in our group will an exciting and rewarding experience.

--
Sent from: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://robotics-worldwide.1046236.n5.nabble.com/__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!5m-Bk-6W-3ifJeZAHRON-WHJjtMB_eCf7xGCe2E2_6poL4GiMEYk3xo35LkMul-UPH3qrz1s$