[robotics-worldwide] [jobs] Fraunhofer IPA in Mannheim is hiring

Kühne, Markus markus.kuehne at ipa.fraunhofer.de
Wed Mar 25 07:34:26 PDT 2020

Dear robotics community,

Fraunhofer IPA in Mannheim, Germany is seeking a highly-motivated R&D scientist for developing next-generation interventional robotics. Initially, The position is limited to 2 years and it will start as soon as possible.

Your tasks will be:

·         Development of robotic control algorithms for percutaneous interventions and especially for the robot "guidoo": https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pamb.ipa.fraunhofer.de/en/our_projects/guidoo.html__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!9MPzkiIM8rjYQks81wWToe-8Jueqp7_PWisfwdRonQgNyvc52HYm1PKJh8FTb7IweHpmr9Qs$

·         Hardware Integration activities in the field of medical robotics

·         Design and implementation of applications in Java and C++

·         Test and validation of selected applications and transfer to the clinic

·         Supervision of students and interns

What you bring with you:

*        Masters' or PhD degree in the field of mechanical engineering, mechatronics, computer science or comparable

*        Experience in the fields of robotics, medical technology, and control systems

*        Profound experience in object-oriented programming

*        Software skills in Eclipse, MS Office and Visual Studio

·         Enthusiasm for interdisciplinary work (medical, business and other)

·         Confident appearance, creativity solving complex problems, motivation, and personal responsibility

What you can expect:

*       Challenging tasks in applied research and product development with industry partners as well as in-field with our neighboring clinic

·         First-class equipped laboratories and a unique research infrastructure on a clinical campus

*       Personal development opportunities through a doctorate or habilitation and through extensive qualification measures

To attract and develop female scientists, Fraunhofer offers the targeted and holistic support program "Fraunhofer TALENTA". With the three characteristics "start", "speed up" and "excellence", female scientists are supported at various levels of career development. For further information please see https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.fraunhofer.de/de/jobs-und-karriere/wissenschaftlerinnen/fraunhofer-talenta.html__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!9MPzkiIM8rjYQks81wWToe-8Jueqp7_PWisfwdRonQgNyvc52HYm1PKJh8FTb7IweGX-JLxq$

Employment, remuneration and social benefits are based on the collective wage agreement for the public service (TVöD). In addition, Fraunhofer may grant performance- and success-dependent variable remuneration components.

Fraunhofer is the largest organization for application-oriented research in Europe. Our fields of research are geared to the needs of people: Health, safety, communication, mobility, energy and the environment. We are creative, we design technology, we design products, we improve processes, we open up new paths.

You can apply here: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://recruiting.fraunhofer.de/Vacancies/51212/Description/1__;!!LIr3w8kk_Xxm!9MPzkiIM8rjYQks81wWToe-8Jueqp7_PWisfwdRonQgNyvc52HYm1PKJh8FTb7IweLf_Lqvz$

If you have any questions about this position, please contact:

Mr. Ferdinand Bohne

Recruiting

Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionstechnik und Automatisierung IPA
Nobelstr. 12
70569 Stuttgart

Germany